Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
6 members and 26 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 32

We have 6 member(s), 7 spiders, 26 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
uplikigue, brandyhl69, ExceteRem, Danielexark, FreefestErymn, inna_ieyf

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (183):
ExceteRem, inna_ieyf, Danielexark, uplikigue, Juitlekneentero, brandyhl69, FreefestErymn, erolerenelo, mereebova, Altessy, vozysoove, WilliamENFOK, Charleskip, LesterIneni, DavidJof, Wraklyadula, rulmiriucculkiz, Paraquat, Dapaswourb, QLRobert, MarkReext, MartishSoits, alibiaEmand, FoneeZexCot, fefAdmike, tesPexengexia, inna_furg, backbencher, fermneoroup, empisypeSpeancy, soriissuend, Boschrdv, reonfubrolo, KeypeBreelty, Boschyeh, Boschrpe, Murasnasp, gabriellewy4, noreenwy1, RatTaittar, Brainwourb, HoxiasillHist, FugJertantara, carlrw4, carmelaan69, optovkatex, old guns, russyMixail, Beefcake, ArthuImpob, Dongokwourb, inna_emmx, EvaemodE, Whitneyendag, janeyp16, manuelgv18, DayliKib, marilynaj18, Raneswourb, EugeneaPhown, florakj69, Progonhic, minervald69, Fragkos, juliettesp60, Bandinayawourb, hollielk4, Darinwhish, JamesJig, toddjg69, shaunawc2, bikergunnut, minervazk11, Vinereywourb, caitlinbk18, monauz4, Derekrarty, Kennethlib, CalvinVat, ArtemPailk, celinakc11, Flux, ArseniyJah, BogdanAutot, tamikaze11, carlosty16, geraldinewt11, kurtcq18, Waltermox, whitneyzc11, jaynecg2, StephenJep, Mingledorffwourb, SpikeBuilt, kering4, Stevieven, Gearglani, williamyd16, sidneyhs18, Jackiefiend, lavernejs3, Shadowrunnerwourb, lesleyzk3, kimxc3, cal50, evgenwat, jeremydy1, HellDragonwourb, bridgetux2, terraih16, bbrown, ollieio11, dalefp1, Olgacag, Buzatuswourb, jolenelg3, davidgb60, jimdoc, helenezb16, miguelhg1, jaimevu2, SanyokSmoks, jetloco, ds1948, Warum, CanadafinN, toddww69, zedsdead, rrayepalcixi, Gentrabo, margieua4, cewecah, angeljc69, luellash69, kristenvo69, Gavinramatwourb, lynnettegr1, edwardub69, ebeotuwikofa, lillianxy60, Forrestbug, sochi.cat/-Weino, dimentObjestben, serenarr69, hilarygq2, Trashminwourb, Maynardvuh, JamesHap, Josephabaph, KennethBum, Ronaldsaulp, Dameenawourb, azotas, carlyyp11, Nusaward, rachelye2, JulianSMB, mariettatv60, benjaminex3, AWilliamtoInc, JamesImmot, Qanadwourb, GreogyFlepe, ezulokemu, constancedp2, opagoyar, Adoradwynwourb, oiyigen, ryche, Lornakic, nettieft69, 11millimeter, travisin3, ronzor, susanapl60, agrohimmrb, Hugoherwourb, Smallboy, natalieks2, kentef69, vincentsi16, Gralindawourb, Canadian Pharmacy On

Show off your C&R's
Weaponeer Forums : C&R Vault

Posted in C&R Vault
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: July 20 2012 at 7:01pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Nice lookin Negant  But your sling is a little short
Seriously though good lookin piece how does she shoot??
Ryche
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

Josh Smith

E-2
E-2

Posted: July 24 2012 at 2:43am | IP Logged Quote Josh Smith

Hello,

Here's a slideshow of targets shot while developing the sights:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XvfiP6J42M

And a target pic shot with match-grade ammo I made:

I just found out I'm 20/55 in my shooting eye and worse in my off eye.  Corrected the shooting eye to 20/15 or so and I'm afraid to shoot now as the pressure's on!

Regards,

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Josh Smith's Profile Search for other posts by Josh Smith

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 24 2012 at 2:04pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Very nicely done...   I'm glad to see that you are also using the OnTarget software.

For others interested in the software:

Main Page for reading and research:  http://ontargetshooting.com/

OnTarget Precision Calculator

OnTarget Precision Calculator is a tool used to accurately measure and analyze bullet hole groups. The target image is imported from a scanner or camera. Target distance and hole size are defined, then circles are positioned over the bullet holes.  Download v1.10 the freeware version of OnTarget

http://ontargetshooting.com/download1.html

another software package from the same company is:

OnTarget Target Data System (TDS)

OnTarget TDS is an accuracy and precision measuring system. Bullet holes from multiple groups are combined to create a single virtual group. TDS then generates group data automatically without cumbersome manual plotting or calculations.

Automation:
TDS includes numerous custom targets that can be printed directly from the program or the included .pdf target files. One shot is fired at each bull, the target is scanned, and TDS analyzes the target image. Using technology originally developed to score rimfire benchrest targets TDS automatically locates the center of the bulls and bullet holes. Shot positions are combined into a virtual group and the group data is calculated.

Ammo Testing:
TDS is an excellent tool for ammunition testing. Data generated from the virtual group is statistically accurate because each hole is positioned individually. Using TDS the shooter will be able to find the best ammunition for his firearm with fewer shots, saving both time and money.

Benchrest Practice:
TDS includes several 25 bull targets including ARA and PSL practice targets. Using these targets TDS will calculate simulated ARA and PSL scores. In addition, TDS calculates the best possible score for the group and the sight adjustments to reach that score.

TDS Features:

• Custom 8.5" x 11.0" targets that can be scanned and analyzed automatically.
  • Simulated ARA and PSL scoring simulations including best score and sight adjustment calculations.
  • Ladder and OCW calculations and plots.
  • Data export to Excel compatible files.

Note: TDS is currently in a Beta release state. There are several features that are still being developed including; metric measurements, OCW and Ladder calculations, additional targets, etc.

Go to the TDS Download Page to download the latest version of TDS.

TDS comes with a fully functional 15 day free trial. After installation, click the Try button on the splash screen to start using the program. The introductory license fee for OnTarget TDS is $75.00. Click here to Purchase your copy.

Both the OnTarget Target Data System and the OnTarget Precision Calculatorare being tested by myself, and I will be using them in some new projects, and I will be reviewing them on the weaponeer channel in the future. (I have the full License for both software packages, and not just the trial)

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 24 2012 at 2:07pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

really liking the 91/30 sights.  who knows, if we can afford them in the future I may review it on the weaponeer channel

Thankfully I have two 91/30's (one being a sniper with PU scope) and an M44

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

DaveyG

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: July 07 2013 at 12:48pm | IP Logged Quote DaveyG

Not sure if it counts, as its a Norinco SKS "paratrooper" which to my knowledge were purely built as US sales market guns, but I figure some on here might like to see it. My dad got it in the 70s from a guy who had over 100 of them selling them out of his basement. Dad picked out the prettiest one. I learned to shoot it at about 9 years old, dropped my first few deer with it using cheap Wolf hollowpoint ammo. I then chose to take it with me when I moved out. It'll go to my boy when he's ready (only 2 years old now)

I also just picked up this cheap Spanish knockoff, a Guisasola .38 long ctg, which my searching dates to somewhere around 1920-1940

It's getting some refinishing and repair, then up for sale.
Again, not sure if it counts as a c&r, but it fits the age requirements.
If anybody has more info on it I'll be glad to hear it.
View DaveyG's Profile Search for other posts by DaveyG

Sarge

E-3
E-3

Posted: May 30 2016 at 3:35am | IP Logged Quote Sarge

Well, I don't know why I didn't jump in here A Long time ago, but it seems I haven't.  I will now remedy that! 
Here are a few of my C&R gunz. 
Sarge 

Well I guess not!  The dammed site will Not load any of my photos and they are under the max size allowed!!! 

View Sarge's Profile Search for other posts by Sarge

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 02 2016 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Our apologies, Sarge. The server stopped accepting uploads a while back. You'll have to host the pics on an image hosting website such as PhotoBucket, then paste the link to the picture in your post. Thanks for wanting to share w/ us.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Mongo

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 03 2016 at 7:40am | IP Logged Quote Mongo

Swedish Kg m/37 BAR

View Mongo's Profile Search for other posts by Mongo Visit Mongo's Homepage

Sarge

E-3
E-3

Posted: June 03 2016 at 12:35pm | IP Logged Quote Sarge

backbencher wrote:
Our apologies, Sarge. The server stopped accepting uploads a while back. You'll have to host the pics on an image hosting website such as PhotoBucket, then paste the link to the picture in your post. Thanks for wanting to share w/ us.

Well, I guess that lets me out!  I had a problem with the stupid photobucket some years ago and refuse to have anything to do with it since! 
Looks like I'd just as well drop out of this site since it is almost totally for those who do semi-auto conversions and I only have the "real thing!"  There is nothing about the semi only conversions that are of any interest to me at all!  
Sarge

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 03 2016 at 7:50pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: June 04 2016 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Sarge: There are many of us here with the "REAL THING"
You know as well as i that the "real thing" is a wealthy mans game and alot of younger collectors don't have that kind of money to play with. I am one of the lucky few who's father started with this stuff back when prices were somewhat reasonable. There are many pieces that i would love to have in my collection as the "real thing" however being a family man i don't have the spare $300,000 for a real thing FG-42, so i would most certainly make due with a semi auto copy that is affordable at a couple grand.

We all have to remember that all gun guys are in this together...
You may not like the semi auto copy's and i'm not really a shotgun guy but if we want to keep all our toys we have to respect the other guys interest, and affordability level. There are also alot of guys here who love to reconstruct something that was once the real thing. They have to operate within a ridged set of rules in order to do this. I know i would prefer to build the real thing when i'm building but i have no plans to violate this, because i like what i have and don't want to loose it. Sorry if this comes off as a little preachy but i'm noticing weapon type separations these days and that the quickest way for the bad guys to take all our stuff.
"Divide and conquer"
Simple respect of the other guys interest or ability would help all of us to keep our stuff and hopefully win over the "GRABBERS"

I am assuming by your name that you may have fought for some of the freedoms we enjoy and i thank you for that.

I would love to see some of the pics you wanted to show and maybe Backbencher can help you get them posted. He is really good at that kind of thing. He has helped me many times.
Ryche

Sarge

E-3
E-3

Posted: June 04 2016 at 2:39pm | IP Logged Quote Sarge

ryche wrote:
Sarge: There are many of us here with the "REAL THING"
You know as well as i that the "real thing" is a wealthy mans game and alot of younger collectors don't have that kind of money to play with. I am one of the lucky few who's father started with this stuff back when prices were somewhat reasonable. There are many pieces that i would love to have in my collection as the "real thing" however being a family man i don't have the spare $300,000 for a real thing FG-42, so i would most certainly make due with a semi auto copy that is affordable at a couple grand.

We all have to remember that all gun guys are in this together...
You may not like the semi auto copy's and i'm not really a shotgun guy but if we want to keep all our toys we have to respect the other guys interest, and affordability level. There are also alot of guys here who love to reconstruct something that was once the real thing. They have to operate within a ridged set of rules in order to do this. I know i would prefer to build the real thing when i'm building but i have no plans to violate this, because i like what i have and don't want to loose it. Sorry if this comes off as a little preachy but i'm noticing weapon type separations these days and that the quickest way for the bad guys to take all our stuff.
"Divide and conquer"
Simple respect of the other guys interest or ability would help all of us to keep our stuff and hopefully win over the "GRABBERS"

I am assuming by your name that you may have fought for some of the freedoms we enjoy and i thank you for that.

I would love to see some of the pics you wanted to show and maybe Backbencher can help you get them posted. He is really good at that kind of thing. He has helped me many times.
Ryche

While I agree that most NFA stuff is expensive I don't agree that it is a "wealthy mans game."  Prices run the gammut from around $2K for a Sten or MAC 10 to the FG 42 you quote.  Many/most can afford the lower end without going bankrupt. 
I'm fortunate in that I started back in the dark ages when an MP 40 was $20.  My first MP 44 & Thompsons were $25, hell my first MG 42 was $100.  While I would dearly Love to own an FG 42 - Missed one 35 yrs ago for $400 - I know that I never will.  The closest I ever got was to shoot one a couple of times.  
I have no problem with the guys who are doing the semi-auto builds
as I fully understand that you do what you can afford - AND what may be legal in your state.  I would have bought one of the semi only FG 42s several years ago, but for some reason long forgotten, didn't. 
If anyone can help me getting photos up it would be appreciated! 
Sarge

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 05 2016 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

[ img ] http:// www.photobucket.com / sarge / take out all the spaces / vacation pics / no beach / mrs sarge.jpg [ /img ]

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: June 05 2016 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Hey Back:: You are a funny guy Maybe you can shoot him a P.M. and help him out.

Sarge: Glad you got the message by "wealthy mans game" i was speaking of the higher end stuff a la the FG-42. Or just feeding them THAT gets expensive....
My father bought his 1st Stg-44 for $16 dollars and i remember buying an Aircraft Maxim for $2000.(really lucky catch there) so there was a time like you said, but not so much anymore. Your right, the average bullet hose (not the Sten) is still somewhat affordable, again as you said it also depends on where you live.

It has just become apparent to me recently that there seems to be a division forming with the "gun guys" and it disturbs me when we need more unity these days. ALRIGHT   preach time over "GET ON THAT 50" !!!!!!!! OR MAXIM,, in my case
Ryche

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 05 2016 at 9:57pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

I'm thinking bumpfire stocks and individual filings under 41f will do much to redress the firepower imbalance that has accumulated since 1934.   

Sarge

E-3
E-3

Posted: June 21 2016 at 3:19am | IP Logged Quote Sarge

backbencher wrote:
[ img ] http:// www.photobucket.com / sarge / take out all the spaces / vacation pics / no beach / mrs sarge.jpg [ /img ]

OK, can you translate the above into American English? 
I tried clicking on it, but couldn't so it isn't a link to whatever. 
Sarge 

Sarge

E-3
E-3

Posted: November 23 2016 at 3:23am | IP Logged Quote Sarge

Sarge wrote:
backbencher wrote:

OK, can you translate the above into American English? 
I tried clicking on it, but couldn't so it isn't a link to whatever. 
Sarge 

Well it's been 5 months since my post above and I have Never gotten a reply!!!  WTFO??? 
Sarge 

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 23 2016 at 12:04pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Missed your post.  I didn't post a link, I posted an example.  Read it carefully.  Ryche was able to figure it out, he can post pics now - well, more exactly, Mrs Ryche posts his pics if I remember correctly.  

Sarge

E-3
E-3

Posted: November 28 2016 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote Sarge

backbencher wrote:
Missed your post.  I didn't post a link, I posted an example.  Read it carefully.  Ryche was able to figure it out, he can post pics now - well, more exactly, Mrs Ryche posts his pics if I remember correctly.  

An example?  Of what???
Well being somewhat computer illiterate at times - What was posted makes absolutely NO sense to me!!! 
 Sarge  

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 28 2016 at 5:33pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

It's an example of a) a photo hosting site & b) what the image code should look like when you post it.  Try quoting some posts that have pictures, and you'll start to see codes like this, and you'll figure it out.

<< Prev Topic C&R Vault Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 8
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version