Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
3 members and 36 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

differences of zb26/30/39
Weaponeer Forums : BREN, ZB26, ZB30, ZB39

Posted in BREN, ZB26, ZB30, ZB39
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  enterpricorp

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 07 2008 at 9:57pm | IP Logged Quote enterpricorp

Looked for a while, but I couldn't find anything on the differences of zb26/30/39 any care to add to the history lesson?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View enterpricorp's Profile Search for other posts by enterpricorp

Mongo

MSG
MSG

Posted: February 08 2008 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote Mongo

Well the best info is in the book "Bren Gun Saga" but here is a brief list of differences.

Difference between ZB26 and ZB30

The op rod, bolt, barrel assembly , bi pod, receiver, butt stock, gas tube are all different. Few parts will work between the two. The ZB30 added gas adjustment to the barrel, changed the extractor, barrel lock and change the method the op rod and bolt cam together. A zb30 bolt will not fit in a ZB26 since it is taller than the receiver made for the older locking system. The ZB30 added a mono pod mount to the butt stock, and a mount point for a rear sight post for AA sight use. The barrel of a ZB30 will not work in a ZB26 w/o modification of several parts and the barrel its self. The ZB26 barrel will not work at all in a ZB30. The bi pod on the ZB30 is slightly different but they will work on each other. Many of the parts kits out there have the wrong barrel with the rest of the parts guns. ZB26 barrels are very rare compared to ZB30 barrels and every ZB26 kit I have seen lately has a ZB30 barrel with it.

The ZB39 is basically a Bren but the dial sight is located in a different position. The lower receiver was extended to form the gas tube and the gas take off was moved from the muzzle area on the ZB26/30 to mid barrel on the Bren ZB39. Appaerntly many parts will interchange between the Bran Mk1 and the ZB39 but I can not comment on which ones do exactly.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Mongo's Profile Search for other posts by Mongo Visit Mongo's Homepage

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: February 05 2014 at 12:05pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Ok in this thread we see a ZB26 and a ZB30.
What does the barrel look like on the ZB39?
I have a reasonably nice barrel i think is a ZB but not sure which model.
At the rear there are two large knurled sections in front of the mounting threads and flanking the front and back of the carry handle.  Then there are fins down to the gas block/ft. sight base. The muzzle end is just shy of 6 in. long and has a ventilated cone on the front. The rear goes back to large teeth used to latch it to the barrel with a lug mounted on the gas block. The front end looks like the ZB30 shown above but is longer, and has the numbers around the ring. The gas block and latch appear to be the same as pic above. It latches to the rec. just like a BREN with the latch and a catch on the rear threads.   So anybody know which one it is???  Will try to post pics this weekend with the wifes help.
Thanks
Ryche
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: February 06 2014 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote ryche

So i finally saw a pic of the ZB39 barrel and it does look just like a BREN.
So at this point with just my description does anyone know what this is??
Still trying to get some pics for all to see
Ryche
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

glassmountains

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: May 14 2017 at 8:39am | IP Logged Quote glassmountains

Your barrel is a ZB30J  Yugoslav made.
View glassmountains's Profile Search for other posts by glassmountains

<< Prev Topic BREN, ZB26, ZB30, ZB39 Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version