Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
8 members and 33 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 41

We have 8 member(s), 6 spiders, 33 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Rardgreeddy, luellakn69, luellakn69, Emissoksattib, tesPexengexia, luellakn69, mekogapn, Scottpaind

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (282):
tesPexengexia, mekogapn, Emissoksattib, Rardgreeddy, luellakn69, Aaachtes, CGinCT, DAlons, Wraklyadula, Scottpaind, fermneoroup, Murasnasp, rulmiriucculkiz, Juitlekneentero, samoe60, AqsufAncet, FoneeZexCot, alibiaEmand, fefAdmike, erolerenelo, mereebova, bioshieldpill3184, Altessy, voldjeoveaM, snegirofly, maggielf2, donaldvn2, vozysoove, empisypeSpeancy, lelaya11, uplikigue, corneliaqq4, lynneob4, ExceteRem, FugJertantara, Liaxilk, lesaeg69, HoxiasillHist, HerbertKen, MikeTiceinjes, angelux60, AfroditaMSK, PerLipBeilirl, reginaldni60, soriissuend, KeypeBreelty, reonfubrolo, louellaqj2, elisara3, JacobSeimb, KennethCic, abigailjw2, smolonen, Servicepkn, kristinajt69, allanbo3, AyzmgAncet, legpostcc, leonardts11, tameraew4, ds1948, claudexu4, kathrynrr69, ninafp11, rebekahdx11, HeroHog, sharleneso69, consueloje18, AibrrAncet, kfuolpas, wilmaaj2, janetkx18, trishaby60, Serviceyyk, lindawf4, katyyi11, mavispe2, Helenayuy, Helenavhk, gabrielhq1, AmarzAncet, dennisbg11, bikergunnut, ikmnyOxirm, johnnieic3, neldarv60, genafw69, caseycw69, effieop2, AcqseAncet, Combloc_Cody, leroyop69, karynat1, glennqt11, Helenapck, bernardpg16, isaacaw2, ROceant, AswtlAncet, annmariexc18, sharlenefs69, Kikken, AzsxsAncet, carmelapb3, AxcokAncet, mbcdarua, Helenaggt, miriamih60, backbencher, jordanaf16, jimdoc, Irvingtheaf, AhwdlAncet, ryche, AguniAncet, jerrypr4, triciaxt4, Helenajjk, Williambut, AowhgAncet, Skiller, vitriTourl, CharlesNidly, allenky18, Davesb, carolinaet4, kxkqgifp, AyizgAncet, lorietz11, kathrinefq3, RalphTon, lawrenceji16, susanoj16, ArmurAncet, karynhj11, deborahrz1, Helenaxam, Helenalqq, Helenasgm, GoldenKorsic, rosannepb11, felecialx3, juliaai1, Andreasnyk, Jamesarkiz, hulchpres, eloiseem11, lanail18, CalvinVat, luellatm11, wemoswokydox, Rolandfrits, jadance, AhwsaAncet, geraldfi18, JosephLot, randallsb1, ReginaAMURB, AgfvkAncet, RafaelReupt, earlenehl3, shellyuw11, connieqj2, AzavbAncet, ethelia16, Ashleyruifs, jimmiewq60, AttszAncet, inezdj69, mariepx18, HowardAgore, eddielz18, karenvu18, AvfqnAncet, verajv60, Damonswelm, terryee3, svetkatex, maryqz18, marlenexv3, Ronaldoyk435, Kakabm435, violafq11, stanleyum2, AmcjdAncet, trishawx60, AifiiAncet, Tom9, marcyzc2, loujk1, georgettesz18, rocabe, AwbtsAncet, aprilqm16, randiji1, Karloszdr, AnhkiAncet, chriskd1, inesxn2, justin22885, iandp4, AemfqAncet, patricklo4, estellekq11, angeliaas60, carolhw4, marciamz4, keithjs1, diannaxg2, AwnitAncet, kaseyud4, AukrzAncet, Tom0, aaronjp16, lavonneua2, lilyro11, andrecl2, AvjloAncet, mamieuq69, taylorvn18, claricemf2, letitiahe69, leslietd2, WZ-88Tantal, armandogy18, jackierh2, naomiji11, Marvinjes, Matthewbrutt, jonbonn137, melaniexw69, glenqb2, matildael1, AddphAncet, margieug69, jenniekt2, martinkf4, stephenjk60, AfqyjAncet, deanacx2, tamekavn2, AcluuAncet, alfredant3, AafyuAncet, rosieqe2, veradz18, ArhykAncet, AenldAncet, kevinlipps, kimoj69, alishafp4, AardqAncet, DonaldNandy, AlnggAncet, katieeq69, TysonVox, albalh18, tabathawk18, AfelwAncet, freidaoo18, Korot.Ira, PerryIcons, georgettepa2, melbach60, AocciAncet, sondrafb1, alicialw11, AouksAncet, sallyhy16, kaseydl4, valariefj18, FreedomMachine, AbeaoAncet, nettieai4, marvaya11, veronicawn16, angelitahv1, latashahb4, linavf3, chrisqz69, AdhvjAncet, Justinetect

WTB a Parts kit
Weaponeer Forums : For Sale/Trade or Want to buy

Posted in For Sale/Trade or Want to buy
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 04 2018 at 5:32pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

For what? I do not know.

Every year I take my tax return and I buy a kit, I inspect it, coat it with grease, drop in a silica packet, tape up the box, and toss it in the attic.
It's my retirement plan for when I move to a free state.

My typical M.O. is to buy something stupid without any tech support, so I figured I'd post up here first and see what's out there. It's April 4th. Mailing in my taxes on Friday the 6th. Should have some unaccounted money soon.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 04 2018 at 9:43pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Some of the semi / 922r parts can be hard to get. I would try to get those. Rpd and dp for sure. Dshk maxim and Vickers aren't available that I can find. They build guns but won't sell parts.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 04 2018 at 10:14pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Why not get an AR casting kit?

http://ar15mold.com/

Cast AR lowers out of 2-part epoxy.  Hand lay fiberglass or carbon fibers in the mold before pouring ordinary, easily available, cheap 2-part epoxy, after you run out of their expensive proprietary (relabeled 2-part epoxy) stuff.

View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 05 2018 at 6:49am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I saw Boris' post. The problem with that kit is that I'd make about 750 lowers. I'd make one when I was bored, make one when I was hungry, make one because it was Sunday...
And even the cheapest Sarco parts ($280) don't make it worth the cost of the buy back.

Another RPD would be cool. I was checking Apex and Sarco last night.
A FAL would be cool, but Sarco is sold out.
The Beretta M38 looks cool, but also looks like another boring tube gun.
Same thing with the SA 24 and SA26
I wish I bought the SG43 when it was 450 dollars.
SGMT has potential.
I really want a 1919 kit. I remember about 10 years ago they were 750 bucks with a 308 and 30-06 barrel, and I said "No way, too expensive"
The PM63 is a potential candidate. I like how there's zero support whatsoever. That's my kind of challenge.
Apex has RPK's but that's like a heavy AK.
I'd really like to just buy an 80's Mossberg 500 in 16 gauge.
MG42
1928 is about twice what I want to spend - I still need tires for the truck and my bike.
DPM28 looks cool. What's with the funnel on the end?
I really wish that guy posted the 7.62x39 conversion for the Enfields. That'd be fun and I'd buy about 4 of them.

Am I dumb or does the lower of a SCAR not count as the receiver like an AR15?
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/762081619

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 05 2018 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

No, the upper on the SCAR is the serialized part.  Same on the FAL.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 05 2018 at 9:35am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

It's a piece of channel... practically...

I've always wanted a SCAR...

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?s=78a818d 29248baa14908b850f9e50475&t=754262&page=2

Some sucker already did the leg work.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 05 2018 at 10:09am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

$3K just for the parts, and that listing was from 5 years ago.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 05 2018 at 10:34am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Someone in that thread said it's impossible to CNC the upper, that it needs to be extruded. I find it hard to believe you can't CNC the upper.

ds1948

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 05 2018 at 11:58am | IP Logged Quote ds1948

https://www.apexgunparts.com/gsh-23-cannon.html Or is that to much as well? I can almost guarantee that is no support for it! That is structurally, financially, and IT.

{made hot - bb}
View ds1948's Profile Search for other posts by ds1948

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 05 2018 at 12:53pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Paraquat wrote:
Someone in that thread said it's impossible to CNC the upper, that it needs to be extruded. I find it hard to believe you can't CNC the upper.

Perhaps it won't be as light as an extruded upper, but I agree.  I know variety is the spice of life, but I don't know if I could handle $3K of spice in my life.  If I had that much money for parts kits I'd be knocking a bunch of STEN kits to put away, or be trying to make a Bushmaster/Remington/Magpul ACR/Masada thing for a lot less.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 05 2018 at 2:50pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Once upon a time I saw a XM134 parts kit on GB.
125k "Buy it Now".

I'd settle for a Lahti... but 10k is out of the price range. So is the 23mm cannon, unfortunately. Even if I had a Lahti, 3 bucks a round is out of the question.

Maybe this is the time to piece together "John's .50 cal" from the archives?

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: April 06 2018 at 6:40am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

If you were looking at one for $125,000, you should be overjoyed for this one.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/762311310

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 06 2018 at 8:17am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Let's see... the bank will give me 3500 at 12%.
The credit union said the max person loan is 7500...
Just need another 30k.

My dream gun is the XM134.

If I ever get to Vegas I'm putting down the 500 bucks to shoot one at that range there. I put a "Want to shoot" on a local forum. Someone here in Connecticut has one. A registered Form 4 preban. He wouldn't let me shoot it but said I could buy it for 250k.

Man. Being poor sucks.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 06 2018 at 8:39am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Predator's m134 minigun shows up at the SAR show, it's 350k.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 06 2018 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I found a .308 1919A4 kit for 1,400.
Looks in good shape.
Keeping my options open for now.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 06 2018 at 9:23pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

1919 is very easy build. One special sized cutter needed. Get the semi trigger parts. The sideplate isn't that hard to make if you want to.

The dpm or dtm are good choice with semi parts available.

<< Prev Topic For Sale/Trade or Want to buy Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version