Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
3 members and 23 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 26

We have 3 member(s), 6 spiders, 23 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Altessy, mereebova, RaymondPum

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (151):
mereebova, Emissoksattib, RaymondPum, GuestAcumn, Altessy, tesPexengexia, empisypeSpeancy, uplikigue, fefAdmike, PerLipBeilirl, Jusimap, Rardgreeddy, KristanCoumn, reonfubrolo, voldjeoveaM, FugJertantara, rulmiriucculkiz, soriissuend, MikeTiceinjes, HoxiasillHist, KeypeBreelty, FoneeZexCot, Murasnasp, Bretlboins, Michaelmib, AjlstAncet, DoctorGaB, erolerenelo, flyman, a144.co.il, AvhqrAncet, Metaldesign, AndrewLen, bikergunnut, Merbertmuh, charmdateemu, charmdateqvq, RichardSob, AuvgvAncet, Jamesdus, Jakub.cr, HarryLix, backbencher, EROjadance, VKT17, hawocewuw, JamesDor, Dennispox, mmspurg, ArhyqAncet, vitriTourl, EdwardNab, Vincentmophy, charmdatewkj, TRAVELOl, jimdoc, m1a76251, Frankclisa, nelaouimetmaria, AdmdvAncet, markserbu, 357ross, Black Beard, KYJohn, KevinAbody, janiceSarts75, FinadroTudge, rizovia, AobbaAncet, Smegma, LedesireDiava, Davidkal, RENTAOl, ZharesRef, LanceTyday, REALESTATEOl, Alvinmag, xano, cathyuc60, Brian121, NEWSOl, Belkovec, Richardram, VictorLiz, AfxreAncet, AlluschuKic, Douglasfug, josephpo, BNZFlathe, AdpnuAncet, LOANOl, Marlonphilm, bbrown, Orubanslipt, Andreaszzo, ArlgqAncet, Josephelimi, Rogerlek, RolandItets, TommyT, aftershock2222, ElbertTus, azotas, Servicecgq, AbigailxoxCox, AcecrAncet, Servicerst, Skiller, Servicexwy, Tzomasshear, P**nos , tundaars, Guestthego, Mariaslemy, morganlx69, Kosmope, Andreasxhn, Serviceljr, Alisanub, Andreasbhr, TeamVega, s**y videos , HeroHog, SanoramX, JeffreyMup, yzx25, Nedzikatap, Roberttok, Tykazigar, Bogdanrjy, Servicegvj, Servicekkl, Pgamergex, OscarSOF, Raymondnog, SirtopZ, domasochiFak, beregtop, SpatkilD, BestMoorsK, Lorawag, AqtziAncet, evangelinamv60, INSURANCEOl, AuwpkAncet, Guestinoni, ScotishM, willaou4, molyfmkc, RobertNib, AeabpAncet

Prof. Parabellum closed bolt semi build
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: February 15 2017 at 8:13am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

That's all I suspect you'd need. I look at the bolt you've made and I see similarities to the Sten. Looking at your design there, it is also similar.
It's simple and I believe it will be effective. I didn't want to bias or influence your design too much as you seem to be making better progress in a week than I have all year.

My rose colored glasses may not be the best lens to look through though. All I know is what I know, and when all you have is a hammer...
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 15 2017 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

Any input I see appreciated. I can only work on this a few hours a week tops, but it seems to be going well. I think I need to order a nice 1/8 endmill and make the magwell while I wait for my tools to come in.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View PappaSunrise's Profile Search for other posts by PappaSunrise

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 15 2017 at 11:59am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

This is a quick extractor I made from annealed drill rod. It only took 5 minutes with a dremel and some Swiss files. I opted to go with a retaining groove on the side rather than a hole as I can now use a 1/8 roll pin to hold it in place within the bolt. I also filed in a groove for a spring to sit. I'll harden this and temper it to a brown/purple at 500 degrees F. That should give me enough hardness without being too brittle. What do you guys think?

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: February 15 2017 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I like it!

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: February 15 2017 at 10:38pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

I like this build. It might be just the thing to get me motivated to build another gun.
View dcorb's Profile Search for other posts by dcorb

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 16 2017 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I'm going to build the magwell today while I wait for my carbide end mills to come in, they are coming from Michigan so I should get them in no time. I may case harden the striker base today if I have time, I'll have to see.

kevinlipps

Private
Private

Posted: February 16 2017 at 4:56pm | IP Logged Quote kevinlipps

Cool thing!

R U gonna make a video of the process and show us how your making the gun?
Just like Clinton Westwood did with his little .25 ACP pistol he made using Prof. Parabellums plans.

Where did you buy the Tippman A5 mechanical grip w/ trigger? All I find is the E-version of it.
View kevinlipps's Profile Search for other posts by kevinlipps

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 17 2017 at 6:03am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I will probably only make a video of me test firing it, but I will try to explain everything in as good of detail as possible. I bought the mechanical grip on eBay for about $45 new, I'd check there.

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 17 2017 at 9:45am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I didn't get much done last night, other than case hardening the striker base and starting the magwell. It turns out the magwell needs to be about 1/4" longer than the plans call for. I made most of the magwell and found out the bolt hits the rear of the magazine. I may be able to weld some small bumps on the bottom of the magwell to push the magazine down, but I think I'm going to have to mill the bolt a bit more as well to get enough clearance. I have plenty of extra material so if I have to redo the bolt or magwell I can, but if I can save it I'd prefer that of course.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: February 17 2017 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Someone here posted that Prof. P would omit a few dims, or tweak a few things "just so" they wouldn't produce usable firearms. Something about the end user being competent or displaying willful intent.

Probably just Internet rumor.

As long as it feeds, I'd redo the mag well.

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 17 2017 at 1:23pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I think you're right. I dremeled small feed lip slots in the underside of the bolt already, but I'm going to need to redo the magwell. At least the bolt cuts I made will not hurt, only help.

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 19 2017 at 5:45pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I worked for quite a long time today and made some good progress. I remade the magwell (1/4" longer than the plans call for) and welded it onto the receiver tube (I am not a welder so that's why they look aweful). I made the latch a bit differently, just using a piece of square mild steel I had in the shop. I filed some grooves on the latch for grip and then case hardened it. The spring is just bent from ~.045 music wire.

I also made the barrel collar today and pressed the barrel in place, it's not going anywhere. Rounds seem to feed well into the chamber when I push the bolt over the mag by hand.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 19 2017 at 7:39pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

That's looking pretty good!  STEN mags?
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 19 2017 at 8:00pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

Yup I wanted to go with the STEN mags as that's what the plans call for. They have sort of grown on me, I have to admit!

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 20 2017 at 6:09am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

Backbencher, don't tell anyone but I just bought 20 of the 20rd STEN magazines from Centerfire Systems, you can't beat $5.50 for magazines!

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 20 2017 at 9:51am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Lol.  I cut down 6 of 'em to send to one of our members behind enemy lines.  They managed to ban ARs but legalized STENs.

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 20 2017 at 10:13am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

How do you cut them down to 10rds? Any website tutorial you followed?

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 20 2017 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

I just Dremeled them @ the bottom of the top reinforcement.  The fella I sent them to has to figure out the spring length & weld them back together.  But that was about the only way we could figger to get him some w/o risking our asses.

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 20 2017 at 1:14pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I've seen them online and people just chop them and flare out the bottom to take the base plate and then cut the spring to length. I just wish I had some exact measurements.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 20 2017 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

There's a difference bwtn a 10 round mag that cannot accept one more round for legal reasons, and a 10 round mag that could have the follower chopped to squeeze a few more in.

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version