Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 23 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 24

We have 1 member(s), 8 spiders, 23 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
maribelza69

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (257):
maribelza69, MikeTiceinjes, Juitlekneentero, fefAdmike, Robertbreks, CharlesLek, empisypeSpeancy, evelynmx60, ApysjAncet, Wraklyadula, erolerenelo, gayaj4, mikegt16, DAlons, elvaks11, Rardgreeddy, CliftonFeept, AtihtAncet, lesayr2, andredc1, Tony9, jetloco, AsbigAncet, veraam11, GuestARemo, victorxk3, Carlosuncek, aureliaeg1, AvaskAncet, rubydu16, rubenpe60, maggiezj2, ROceant, AsustAncet, AzkuaAncet, bikergunnut, Rolandfrits, ofeliabu3, caseyxl1, beverlyry11, clauderj69, AlflyAncet, Thomasjuh, lenorene18, AbyybAncet, Thomasbic, LottoAgeor, AzkdlAncet, Cindygom, estellecp2, backbencher, susannahg11, dollyri3, dwayneeg69, enidhq3, AubegAncet, dianneve18, 1959conya, AtdfiAncet, Black Beard, AobztAncet, lilianky11, harrysb11, RAMMAN4, jimdoc, utifono, AaronTon, juanitaqv11, shannonea2, katharineyg4, gayll60, justin22885, fannynw1, katinazc3, AsirqAncet, isabellawb11, marlapt60, surem4, heidits60, m1a76251, felixxw69, mariawh16, angelil1, AiccyAncet, lindseyly4, Advopay, linagq60, bbrown, robertoxy69, javiercv69, alejandrase2, AhsnwAncet, richardsy16, bessieac60, svetkatex, krystalaz4, elviaos3, cathleendi18, penelopepx11, teresapv11, AnpzuAncet, ritagn18, leannahl4, WAGIMADY, thocani, ernestinebi2, CeliaKeeri, Brianloora, kendg4, HeroHog, 319s, nanettecp60, franciscanv60, maggieru18, telcokrist, patsyrs2, summerpb69, phillipdv4, angietx69, askgodtosaveme42, leahdk18, jacquelynmg16, rosariolj60, marianasn69, mildredla60, eulaky16, Marinacycle, azotas, zicklon, timet18, tesPexengexia, bryaniw60, ExceteRem, FugJertantara, rasselserov, FoneeZexCot, Combloc_Cody, taniacj69, ntorelli, Jamesarkiz, mattiedz4, dashylya1, juliebf60, maftuna6888, jamizh16, Misolyavab, Burnsie, curtiswp2, gordonpm1, hazelsy16, addjim, ds1948, staciesx11, merledt60, angiejp18, vetal7tiger, CaliBoundAR15, cheriem60, martawe69, kirstenyh4, jodylu60, jeromeem69, 6ejiuu_ulllak, rosellajt16, ApyxgAncet, billiezi1, 4gene, avattismurl, georgettesj4, louellamd11, AzlirAncet, sarahdw69, denaxs2, kosoi_24, jaroqafurz, helenapi1, auro214, margodq4, AohauAncet, ebumehelmakum, ser23i, kellihl60, elainems1, AuzxpAncet, lucyvk60, Stevenpropy, Shnavel, cliftongu4, joydf3, joyceep18, AziuwAncet, Jimmyjuche, patricamy60, brentbk69, sueqz18, vedook001, cherylop69, shawntc3, bettysl60, neldamh11, rosanneli16, raefj2, mv-sokol, jimmiegq1, AbjtdAncet, jonbonn137, olega625, ttttllll, blastattack, summergm69, carleneix18, buy resumes online, timnb60, ArvcaAncet, Fragkos, bublik1999g, earlenebg11, winkone, aracelilm1, danik11, corneliazd60, AsrkkAncet, franvv18, aprilfv18, irina.s.5, lakishahz3, vincentde18, Matthewbrutt, curtisga18, renajd18, deenasn16, AliwgAncet, egor6547, Oridinc, janeph18, AkpoqAncet, JerryOccum, Lloydnab, Stevenpal, galecc11, paulakq1, adelaml2, gordonvo60, AwuboAncet, latonyaae60, vickyxn11, anitaip60, FortstarOdopy, staceyya11, GuestBrozy, shereebo3, ethelqo60, rosalindamv2, Robertfeaph, shanehv11, AatiuAncet, marquitagb2

1911/2011 barrel/slide/grip frames?
Weaponeer Forums : General Questions

Posted in General Questions
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Fade

Private
Private

Posted: October 09 2015 at 8:20pm | IP Logged Quote Fade

Hi,

lookin' to see if I can find some information, i've been searching for awhile now and can't seem to find very many parts for what i'm looking to build.

I have a few "80%" 2011 STI style frames that i'm wanting to finish. i've built a few standard 1911's already from "80%", but what i'm looking to build is a few compact//ultra carry 2011's based on the 2011.

what I need are the 2011 grip frames, I've been trying to find grip frames in the sizes of an officer grip, which in the case of the STI offerings would be the STI VIP (10 rds of 45) and the Total Eclipse (8rds of 45)

I've also been trying to find 3.0/3.5/4.0" barrels/slides/etc (basically all the upper parts).

if anyone has a source for these types of parts, i'm interested. i'm looking for both 45 and 9mm parts.

i'm surprised with as popular as the 1911 is, that the 2011 which seems to brings more modularity, hasn't taken off more with much more aftermarket support.

thanks
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Fade's Profile Search for other posts by Fade

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October 10 2015 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: October 10 2015 at 4:40am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

http://www.1911store.com/search.aspx?manufacturer=1078

These guys have lots of parts. I haven't viewed their entire catalog but you may find what you need here.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

Fade

Private
Private

Posted: October 10 2015 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote Fade

Those paras are interesting. Wonder how close to "80 percent" they are. I don't like having to do much more than cut the rails barrel seat and drill some holes as my x2 mill and my own skills are still fairly limited.

I'm considering a standard commander sized 4.25 on top of a sti grip frame if I can find the smaller grip frames. This would be equivalent to the CCO I believe.

Basic idea is a CCO double stack with 10 round of 45 or IIRC 15 rounds of 9mm.

I searched and so far have only found the standard size sti grip frames with the mag well.

Fade

Private
Private

Posted: October 14 2015 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote Fade

so, i've found that STI currently, does not offer VIP or Total Eclipse sized grip frames.

so that leaves me basically with 2 options, take a standard STI grip frame and cut it down. while looking into this, i found a thread where a guy took it down and cut it to fit a standard 1911 officers sized mainspring housing. this however, leaves the stock 120mm sized VIP magazines hanging out a few millimeters. if I wanted a flush fitting magazine i'd then have to cut the magazine down to fit flush. the other option would be to see if the 110mm sized magazines will be close enough to fit.

the other option is to keep my eyes open for a grip frame on the used market, if anyone even sells them. this would probably be the easiest option, assuming I can find one.

as for barrel/slide, i'll probably grab a Fusion Firearms slide in officer length, but they don't specify what barrel length they use, as it seems the officer length is not 100% standardized? some use 3.2, some use 3.5, some are using slightly longer closer to 3.9? for barrel, i'm hoping to use a Storm Lake because with previous builds it was just too easy, but fusion also offers a barrel kit, i'm just not sure if they offer it with the links and barrels pre-matched to save me some time.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October 15 2015 at 11:28am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Thought the links had to be selected when you hand fit the bbl to slide & frame?
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: October 17 2015 at 8:43am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

THEY DO. For someone that says they already built a 1911, which requires most of the fire control parts to be precisely machined and hand fitted for proper operation doesn't seem to know that or forgot.

OldCoot

1LT
1LT

Posted: October 18 2015 at 4:25pm | IP Logged Quote OldCoot

Sometimes you get lucky and things fit pretty well 'out of the box'. Then there's the other times.... I've had an interest in the STI rail for a while now. Guess I need to bite the bullet and order in one of their frames so I can take a micrometer to it and see for myself what's going to be involved in building one of these from a piece of rail...
View OldCoot's Profile Search for other posts by OldCoot

<< Prev Topic General Questions Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version