Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 26 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 28

We have 2 member(s), 5 spiders, 26 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Guestinoni, voldjeoveaM

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (325):
voldjeoveaM, fefAdmike, ExceteRem, Guestinoni, Murasnasp, Emissoksattib, JeffreyAnync, MikeTiceinjes, Max_, Claytonshace, empisypeSpeancy, rulmiriucculkiz, soriissuend, tesPexengexia, JewellOpide, mereebova, Wraklyadula, Altessy, esterdh4, PerLipBeilirl, fermneoroup, vozysoove, felixgp2, gracielarh11, alibiaEmand, laurelsm69, susiehc1, alisonjj4, Jerrywhomy, amyrr2, yolandaud69, uplikigue, loufx1, FoneeZexCot, AloydvfPaL, Winfredfed, erolerenelo, MichaelNog, Scottinjek, AnuqaAncet, mandyff60, renafs69, TWDavid, Stekljannye Banki Op, sheilajg18, Juitlekneentero, jonfe3, KevinMoita, Vincentmophy, margierw4, lenoreke3, reonfubrolo, KeypeBreelty, HoxiasillHist, FugJertantara, valeriaid60, Rardgreeddy, concettakr18, rosalj2, eveid4, LedesireDiava, Lutwychewd, jamesec11, Cpt_Rupert, AobynAncet, franfum, essiepc4, crazybushman, beckysz18, Andreasxhn, francisxy16, MihaLomosBet, renaqs4, valeriesy4, carlenecu4, laceydp2, cathykq16, MinatbaP, AfgzeAncet, shaunami3, pistolnikl, richeventkaluga, justin22885, Brandonchemi, brittneyzd69, tiffanyot16, robertpb2, Andreasbhr, stacyul18, backbencher, agrohimotl, celinacn16, agrohimjez, AqzeiAncet, nicholasfj18, johnnyeo1, MelzinTieme, Josh_Dale, .44 Russian, susannahe1, Teodorajex, staceyli2, mauricefp60, toddbq4, irisvj69, SamanthaKab, raymb18, bettynm60, ameliasc16, connieuf3, Allianaminiz, katyuj1, suzannewb4, bonnieui3, bikergunnut, janetrk69, coraze4, gila-arc, AjlqfAncet, rogerce69, kathrynjg11, latoyaoc69, sallyej60, dcorb, martinaug16, derekhq69, darylcn11, thomaspj4, vernawy3, bettycr1, agrohimbis, agrohimzyw, ManmyovveX, GeorgePlede, Slamshot, Andreaslpv, lorettafs4, ArmbwAncet, m1a76251, Andreasuum, joelta4, yeseniacx3, thelmamw1, agrohimcyy, ADOR, bridgettku18, zicklon, JacobLIarf, robbielq11, jimdoc, corneliail1, abbyvp69, hildaos11, julietrp1, christinafw18, osmirose, fredagn4, AtpqfAncet, billieik69, goldielm69, sherylni3, celinams18, carmenak16, maelh1, Brucemum, ClarataucT, olivetg16, Dominika81dig, agrohimbmy, geraldineiz1, alysonzk11, agrohimlrm, lonniequ16, agrohimjos, JaredBox, bbrown, agrohimcsn, agrohimaoj, kathyys4, Andreasirf, deniseiu69, jamesmj69, agrohimtzb, agrohimvvs, agrohimqyf, dorthyqg1, natashawg18, AyexuAncet, corrinewj3, ruthrj2, Harveyimats, agnesoj3, ronoh4, coleendx18, RichardGAK, Andreaskjn, miguelpl60, HeroHog, cassiegall, jonzd2, williegy69, Fragkos, madelyney18, sophierj69, adelajy3, AfvrhAncet, mildredxs2, inaum11, Svetlana94dig, deenaer1, denisejn18, malindaox11, Ricazdovot, ds1948, Simonalesee, maepi16, Mjolnir1317, dinaea11, ashleycr2, vondauh69, darladb60, AevxxAncet, kaseyac11, nancyzk2, francescaxf4, elvaxe11, elviabm3, dwaynepc3, victorianh1, jerrypg60, DennisEvorb, saragr4, phyllisqq1, Paraquat, MikavojTON, harveyai18, katyhw4, donnagh1, louisave60, ivannf1, ritauf1, DavidKaf, barbraqo11, laurenye2, dorispx4, 11millimeter, jeanettepj2, evefk2, kaylalf3, franciscayr16, eloiseot69, LornakE, tamigc3, myraex69, Skiller, franklinka4, glennayb2, gwentx4, BreztClupe, marcizc11, diannexh16, earlenedy4, lavernebp3, denapd4, leannaig11, brigitteyh1, marionck16, shawnadh18, ryche, jonijg2, lakishawc3, deeps3, cherryti16, masonha, AyqbfAncet, JasonVipsy, GoldenKorsic, TeamVega, dinaow2, jaimerw4, marquitaxp3, amaliatl1, sharronlk16, tr6guns, bonitaxh1, roseannkl3, shannonpb11, irisys1, sidneynp18, Andreasotw, patrickxe16, chapelle444, Andreaszzo, RichEventNN, AakirAncet, patrickyr2, danielas69, Ronniecrori, RamhaKam, darylhs60, juanitajy1, KevinMeent, jeanbp69, patricevh2, markyo11, JesusFum, tanishavx60, tommygc4, azotas, Andreasdfa, rosanneqt1, karenfp2, willardgq16, martinaop1, catalinatw69, joseqe2, bessiexo3, margueritehw2, nadiafa60, EROjadance, clubjadance, Andreasezv, DonQuixote1547, edist, thanhhaidth

FN 49 or SAFN 49 help
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: February 19 2015 at 8:47am | IP Logged Quote ryche

So here is the problem... I have a FN49 picked up by my father years ago when not to many guys knew about them.
This is all fine and good till i start finding what parts are missing and attempting to get it to fireable condition.
Long story short i have a mix and match of 8mm from the Egyptian, and 30 06 cal. from one of the countries that used that model.
I have a barreled rec., bolt, and stock for the 8mm and the top cover,  triggerguard with the FCG , and mag w/ follower are 30 06. The bolt carrier is one of the FA carriers and works fine for a semi auto. I would like to keep the rifle the Egyptian type and trade the 30 06 parts for 8mm parts.
OOOORRRR if any body has parts for sale such as a 30 06 barred rec. with a stock and a bolt and carrier  or the 8mm parts i need perhaps i can buy them and end up with two rifles.

Anyway let me know if there is any interest in either option.
Ryche
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

g85349

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 19 2015 at 10:56am | IP Logged Quote g85349

You might want to check here: FN49
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View g85349's Profile Search for other posts by g85349

g85349

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 19 2015 at 11:00am | IP Logged Quote g85349

Also check here: More FN49
View g85349's Profile Search for other posts by g85349

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: February 19 2015 at 4:03pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Thanks but i already hit the three usual suspects and they have some but not all parts. mags and followers are gonna be the most difficult.
And GGGGOOOOD luck on a barreled rec. in 3006 there were less than half of those made compared to the 8mm.
I'm hoping there is a guy out there with spares or the reverse problem i have and wants to trade to get up to speed.
Oh yeah i bought an extractor from usual suspect #2 that was advertised as 3006, figured i could grind it down to fit 8mm.
When it arrived it was clearly marked 7.9 on the side. So no grinding necessary it was an exact fit. I may have to play this kinda game all the way through.  Some of the published info says the parts were not marked by caliber but all of mine are  so there is some bad info out there.
Thanks for the links i appreciate somebody takin  a look and trying to help.
Ryche

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 19 2015 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Pics?   
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 19 2015 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Crossroads show in Phoenix this weekend. Does our friendly neighborhood parts guy on the corner do non-SAR shows? I know he likes to trade .
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: February 20 2015 at 8:14am | IP Logged Quote ryche

I tried him and at the Dec, SAR show. Nobody had parts then and kept referring me to the usual suspects. K-Var claims they got parts but after looking not many.
I may have to sell body parts to get the stripped trigger guard that Gunparts corp has, they claim 8mm but i wouldn't know till i received it,
then see if all my FCG parts will fit.
The Mag is going to be the toughest, Dude on Broker is showing one new he claims is 3006 but it doesn't look like mine which is marked .30 I believe it to be a 8mm. The dude on broker want like $150 and didn't answer my e-mail asking about markings or measurements.
Another guy i know who has one let me tear his down and his mag is marked 7.9. The 3006 is slightly wider and longer and will not come all the way up to the feed lips in the 8mm triggerguard so the bolt skips over the last round. Also the hold open wont go in due to the holes for it not lining up.  AAAHHH the trials and tribulations.

Biker do you still have yours? Maybe i can call ya and have you look at a couple things for me.
Ryche

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 20 2015 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Argentine .308 I have a box of dented mags. They may or may not have been converted 30-06, the internet differs on opinion.

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: February 20 2015 at 9:22am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Are they long enough to accommodate the .30-06?

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 20 2015 at 9:39am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

North, nice pics here

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd .asp?idproduct=749

Word on the net is they were modified 30-06 or unique manufactured depending on where you look. Maybe we can compare side by side and see

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 20 2015 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Maybe we should send north north on a fact-finding expedition to Belgium to take pics. Instead of paying gas, we could pay for German auto parts.   
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 20 2015 at 7:22pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I have always liked my FN49 8mm.   but parts are really hard to get...  when I spotted a grenade launcher & leather case a few years ago, I bought it instantly.

I still need to get a nice (complete) stock...  (one of these days)

as well as a nice replacement barrel..  lol

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 20 2015 at 7:36pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

bikergunnut wrote:

North, nice pics here

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd .asp?idproduct=749

Word on the net is they were modified 30-06 or unique manufactured depending on where you look. Maybe we can compare side by side and see

why did I click on this link.....  

The perfect barrels I  have been looking for many years now, also with the cleaning kit, gas adjustment tool, chamber brush, maybe on remaining stock, spare extractor, spare firing pin, and butt plate.

I bought mine in the 1980's (as a deer rifle of all things) ..  but someone had  added a little sporterizing on the stock (butt plate, and grip cap...)  nothing  major...,  and it has a dark bore.

It sucks being a disabled vet on disability pay... I have not had money for guns in a number of years..  and NOS parts are not sticking around long under the obama admin.

Funny x 1

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

Sagittarii

2LT
2LT

Posted: February 21 2015 at 12:01am | IP Logged Quote Sagittarii

Removed duplicate

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
View Sagittarii's Profile Search for other posts by Sagittarii

Sagittarii

2LT
2LT

Posted: February 21 2015 at 12:04am | IP Logged Quote Sagittarii

You will find my high quality manual in 3 parts on this page with full parts description.
The one marked FN Model 49 Self Loading Rifle is low quality.

FN FAL - Mod 49 & 98 Rev 26 Sept 12

FN 49 SAFN

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
View Sagittarii's Profile Search for other posts by Sagittarii

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: February 25 2015 at 8:18am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Sag: Thanks for the post  you always find great stuff.
As soon as i have the time i will set down and go through in detail
Too bad i can't take the comp. into the reading room
Anyway parts are still the biggest issue  Where to find them and then affording them if you can.
Ryche

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: February 25 2015 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Over here, we've got Brocantes, which are basically a junk shop.
But most of them have a gun section, they're demilled, but you never know what you can find in them.
I'll see if I can find a FN49, and hope it's cheap enough, too many bills to pay.

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: February 25 2015 at 5:00pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

I appreciate it brother if you lets compare prices if the part is one of the few avlb. over here before you buy it.
Thanks for takin a look
Ryche

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 02 2015 at 8:43pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

WW2 30-06 ap has the same length as the outside of a .308 mag. Guess that settles that.

Ryche, when I can get to your side of town I will drop off the FN for comparison. Maybe it can expand on your video fame .

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 03 2015 at 8:17am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Thanks brother i appreciate it. Or if we can get some lathe time in your shop i can just pick it up or bring mine.  Any way it works is good by me.
Ryche

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version