Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 48 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Ideas Thread
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 07 2015 at 12:52pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

I'm creating this thread for anyone who wants to bounce any ideas they may have around. No specific topic, just relating to guns in some way. Ideas about making them, designing them, whatever you want to discuss.

So, if you have any ideas you'd like to share or discuss, feel free do so.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: January 07 2015 at 12:58pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

I want to make something that looks like the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol.

Link to larger image http://cz-usa.com/hammer/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/CZ14_Sco rpion_EVO3_S1-L-e1416840329704.png
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View dcorb's Profile Search for other posts by dcorb

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: January 07 2015 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I'd like to see an easy to build 9mm rifle that meets the strict CT requirements, yet feeds from Glock magazines (because I registered mine) and is cheaper than a 9mm AR upper and a now non-existent AR to Glock mag adapter.
  Stats: Online
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: January 07 2015 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

I'm thinking about a milled AK receiver with a Stoner 63 BCG, and a Valmet/Galil gas tube.

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 07 2015 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Para, what about an upside down AR that feeds from a 10 round hopper?  Will that meet CT's unConstitutional restrictions?
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 07 2015 at 2:29pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

wow, you actually registered the magazines they had no idea existed in the first place?

anyway, wonder if something like the mag-10 or uzi design would be legal there with a glock compatible magazine well?.. maybe just tweak an uzi receiver for the glock mags.. may need a different bolt, i dont know, i dont have an uzi to check

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 07 2015 at 2:53pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Angle of the grip would be wrong.

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 07 2015 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

im wanting to revisit the retractable locking lug idea.. the idea im having is to have lugs that dont pivot like the G43 had, but pop out the sides via a linear direction.. a cam on top of a carrier can pull the lugs in, or we can cut the lugs to an angle so once the locking piece is removed, they are forced back in when moving rearward.. this would make them as simple as roller lockers, but give you much, much more metal in between the head of the bolt and the locking lugs for a significantly stronger lockup

Agree x 1

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 08 2015 at 4:22am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

^^^ a followup to the above idea.. i have to say this appears to be something that would work flawlessly, looking at the cross section where the pressure will be on the most, theres about 10,000lbs of bolt thrust it can handle.. lucks retract to match the outside diameter of the bolt body, the locking piece i've come up with can also be cylindrical, the lugs themselves are simple small pieces

it shares some traits with the G43 in the general design of the bolt, but also shares some traits with the HK roller system in that the rollers move parallel to the bolt face as do my lugs, they slide in and out as opposed to pivoting like the G43.. and also like the HK the angled lugs allow them to be self-retracting when the bolt closes

because these lugs are self retracting, theres also nothing holding them in the retracted position, so there has to be a rail on the inside that needs to keep the lugs inside the bolt head when the bolt is retracted, similar to on the HK.. or if im able to use something like an FG-42 oprod to actuate the locking piece, the upper receiver can just by cylindrical with an exterior trunnion for the lugs to lock into

what im going to do now is just draw up a quick and simple receiver to test out another idea relating to this.. unfortunately, like the HK the lugs cannot be facing the magazine, ejection port, or the trigger group.. meaning like the HK id need a 45 degree ejection angle and an ejector in the trigger group.. what i want to test is if i can get a horizontal ejection angle and a frame mounted ejector to work by angling the locking lugs 45 degrees, if this would be able to clear the magazine, ejection porr, and trigger parts

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: January 08 2015 at 6:10am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

A cam surface on the lugs would certainly work to assist in their withdrawl, however the small flat surfaces below the cam surfaces could interfere with the effective withdrawl of the lugs.

Further to my idea of a AK with a Stoner 63 BCG, in keeping with Stoner 63's ideal as being cheap and quick to manufacture, I think it'll work nicely with a sheet steel receiver, with the trunnions welded in place.
The front trunnion using the Stoner QC barrel system.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

Sagittarii

2LT
2LT

Posted: January 08 2015 at 6:37am | IP Logged Quote Sagittarii

A semi auto pistol made in 2 mirror image half's with a fixed barrel and sliding internal bolt with fixed magazine held together by Socket / Allen screws.
I believe this would reduce a lot of complicated machining and fit up.

Interesting site all kinds of downloads on everything for fastening.

Bolt Depot

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
View Sagittarii's Profile Search for other posts by Sagittarii

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 08 2015 at 7:18am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

i dont think ive ever actually seen any close ups of the stoner 63 parts

i just thought of an interesting idea.. since my locking lugs are retractable, i need not any sort of recess to clear them when entering the trunnion.. in the front of the trunnion.. i could bore out a single picket in the front.. install the barrel and that little gap between the barrel and the bottom of that pocket could be used for locking.. so no actual lugs need to be cut.. can it get simpler than that?

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: January 08 2015 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

There's a thread on here, I can't remember where it is I'll have to have a look, but it's got a lot of pics of the Stoner including the bolt, BCG, gas system etc.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 08 2015 at 7:51am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

you know.. i could potentially make a square bolt version of mine where the locking lugs are almost the full height of the bolt, you know, where the top of the lugs are exposed out the top of the bolt.. put a cam lug on top of that with the cam grooves on the bottom of the oprod and that could operate the lugs with the ability to hold them in while extracted.. also, without the angled parts, the lugs wouldnt need to be angled so the locking surfaces in the receiver would be easier to make.. so thats another way i could go with it.. i like the way i got it now though, it seems the simplest and there are no cams to have to cut

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 08 2015 at 10:35am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Think the current straight-pull bolt Blazer rifle uses retractable lugs.  Think there was an issue w/ the bolts coming unlocked & the bolts hitting folks' cheekbones @ speed.  They lost some lawsuits over that.  Not inherently a bad design, but poor implementation.

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 08 2015 at 10:53am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

sounds like they didnt have the rifle properly locked then.. with the setup i have the lugs are locked on a flat surface inside the bolt, they wont be unlocking

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 08 2015 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

well, i think i found the stoner 63 thread you mention on here.. from what i gathered, the receiver has these sort of nodes on the top and bottom to mount different modules.. modules include trigger groups, magazine wells, and these can be placed on top or bottom.. looks like the stoner 63 uses an FG42 like operating rod but an AR bolt carrier group.. and the whole action can be flipped upside down to mount a belt feed tray on top which turns the bolt upside down too.. and it looks like its bolt can easily be switched for ejection out the opposite side

so its pretty similar to some of the other ideas i had with interchangeable magazine wells, but without the ability to turn it upside down and put a feed tray on top for a belt-fed option

am i right on all this?

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: January 08 2015 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Pretty much yes, although I've not really look that much at the FG42 to comment with any certainty on the op rod.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 08 2015 at 3:19pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

this is how the FG42 bolt and carrier looks, the bolt itself rides in a round recess in the receiver, and a groove is cut out in the top of the receiver for its top locking lug to fit in and prevent it from turning out of battery.. so the bolt needs no rails, it is its own carrier

the oprod of the FG42 rides in its own cavity in the receiver and has an arm that holds the firing pin.. the arm itself pushes on the cam cut into the body of the bolt to turn it.. what i like about it is besides the extractor and the recoil spring theres pretty much no other springs, no small pieces to be retained, no pins... its a pretty simple design, its why its quickly becoming one of my favorites

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: January 08 2015 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Ah I see.

Th Stoner works with a cam the same way as the AR.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

Page of 47 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version