Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 35 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

webiste hosting Donations Needed
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2014 at 7:08pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

It's that time again, err, actually it's past that time again, to get donations to keep weaponeer online another month.

This economy has been REALLY bad, and getting donations in during the month without requesting them is sadly pretty rare, so we always seem to be doing this all at the last minute.

Weaponeer.net has become an important part of the gun industry, and has improved the way schools teach gunsmithing, military units and military contractors access to information to help solve issues they are having by accessing our many threads full of information you cannot find anyplace else.  and that's because of our membership, and our members, and moderators willingness to help solve problems.  weaponeer has always been peer supported, either via content or via donations, especially the last several years, when my Army disability Income could no longer support the website hosting. As my health has been going down hill the last couple years due to my disabilities (mainly chronic severe pain due to spinal injuries which has spread to my spinal cord (requiring Morphine), as well lung damage due to the chemical Agent SARIN from the first Gulf War.   add in being a partial hand amputee and partial foot amputee and fighting the VA system to raise my income to the point where I at lease can pay all my monthly bills as well as eat, rather than the current either / or)  these days everyone is hurting pretty bad due to the obama administration....  an I fully understand that. But right now we are in dire need for donations to keep this resource online, and ANY donation is better than NO donation.  every member should at least attempt to donate to support this site and our community here when possible even if it's not much, because it all adds up and allows us to keep the bills paid.

Normally I do a copy and paste from the bill, but my laptop had gas or something..  blue screened and I lost most of my programs including mail, which would not load again, so I'm now using another email program to download all my emails, and as of right now don't have access to the actual numbers, but this last month we had a lot of people finding the site (which is great) and we ran through all of our available bandwidth about the second week of the month, which means we were billed for all the additional bandwidth, which was a lot of bandwidth..  not a big deal, it just adds to our hosting bill for last month so our hosting is approx $100 this month  give or take a few dollars.

So.. PLEASE DONATE NOW SO WE CAN KEEP WEAPONEER ON THE INTERNET...

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

Ruppster

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 29 2014 at 11:06pm | IP Logged Quote Ruppster

Done. 
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Ruppster's Profile Search for other posts by Ruppster

ADOR

E-3
E-3

Posted: June 30 2014 at 12:31pm | IP Logged Quote ADOR

Sent some your way via paypal, if more is need message me back. 
View ADOR's Profile Search for other posts by ADOR

Scared_of_zombies

Private
Private

Posted: July 03 2014 at 10:14pm | IP Logged Quote Scared_of_zombies

If more is need message me back.
View Scared_of_zombies's Profile Search for other posts by Scared_of_zombies

SiGraybeard

Private
Private

Posted: July 08 2014 at 7:58pm | IP Logged Quote SiGraybeard

Done through Paypal. 

Keep us posted on how the fundraiser goes. 

View SiGraybeard's Profile Search for other posts by SiGraybeard

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 09 2014 at 2:17am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

IT WILL BE A COUPLE WEEKS BEFORE WE KNOW THE HOSTING FEE'S FOR JULY..  BE THE WILL BE POSTED WHEN WE GET THE INFORMATION.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OUR MEMBERS FOR SUPPORTING WEAPONEER.NET THROUGH DONATIONS TO PAY THE HOSTING FEE'S.

LAST MONTH SADLY, I HAD ISSUES THAT PREVENTED POSTING UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE. IN FACT WE ONLY HAD 24 HOURS TO COME UP WITH THE FUNDS, STARTING WITH ZERO DOLLARS ON-HAND, AND EVERYONE STEPPED UP AND QUICKLY DONATED THE MONEY WE NEEDED TO TO PAY FOR HOSTING FEE'S AT THE LAST MINUTE, WHICH IS INCREDIBLE.

I THANK EVERYONE WHO DONATED, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DONATED...  !  WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT WEAPONEER WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE, AND IT'S VERY MUCH WORTH SAVING.

in the years past, i was able to pay the hosting fees, especially when donations would come in from group buys.  but these days, this old disabled veteran, living on army disability pay, does not have enough money to pay all my bills, much less hosting fee's.  it's bad enough that I have not had funds for special projects such as converting the PSL into an SVD with short stroke piston and adjustable gas system (plus a bull barrel if at all possible).  but all my projects and builds have been on hold for well over 5 years now, and due to the VA Hospital, I don't see that changing any time soon.

while I can blame obama for most of all that's wrong these days, I cannot blame him for my health (which is mostly due to military service) except  for an up coming operation... but until the VA corrects my disability rating (it should be 100%) we will need donations for the hosting fee's each month until then (all while everyone else is also hurting due to the economy).

no donation is too small..... and we need as many as possible each month to insure we have enough funds.  our success is costing a little more money these days, and I'm fine with that, because we get so many new posts and ideas with each new member..  and I have seen some very interesting ideas and photos lately..  the more the better.

once again.....  Thank you to every person that donated, no matter how much you donated...  if we got $1 from every member per month, we would not have any problems at all for the hosting fee's.. so the more donating the better....

Thank you for the bottom of my heart, to everyone that donated!

Gary Graham
weaponeer aka the boss..

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version