Weaponeer Forums: THE FINNISH M39 I RESCUED HELP
Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 22 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 24

We have 2 member(s), 8 spiders, 22 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Juitlekneentero, maribelza69

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (258):
maribelza69, MikeTiceinjes, Juitlekneentero, fefAdmike, Robertbreks, CharlesLek, empisypeSpeancy, evelynmx60, ApysjAncet, Wraklyadula, erolerenelo, gayaj4, mikegt16, DAlons, elvaks11, Rardgreeddy, CliftonFeept, AtihtAncet, lesayr2, andredc1, Tony9, jetloco, AsbigAncet, veraam11, GuestARemo, victorxk3, Carlosuncek, aureliaeg1, AvaskAncet, rubydu16, rubenpe60, maggiezj2, ROceant, AsustAncet, AzkuaAncet, bikergunnut, Rolandfrits, ofeliabu3, caseyxl1, beverlyry11, clauderj69, AlflyAncet, Thomasjuh, lenorene18, AbyybAncet, Thomasbic, LottoAgeor, AzkdlAncet, Cindygom, estellecp2, backbencher, susannahg11, dollyri3, dwayneeg69, enidhq3, AubegAncet, dianneve18, 1959conya, AtdfiAncet, Black Beard, AobztAncet, lilianky11, harrysb11, RAMMAN4, jimdoc, utifono, AaronTon, juanitaqv11, shannonea2, katharineyg4, gayll60, justin22885, fannynw1, katinazc3, AsirqAncet, isabellawb11, marlapt60, surem4, heidits60, m1a76251, felixxw69, mariawh16, angelil1, AiccyAncet, lindseyly4, Advopay, linagq60, bbrown, robertoxy69, javiercv69, alejandrase2, AhsnwAncet, richardsy16, bessieac60, svetkatex, krystalaz4, elviaos3, cathleendi18, penelopepx11, teresapv11, AnpzuAncet, ritagn18, leannahl4, WAGIMADY, thocani, ernestinebi2, CeliaKeeri, Brianloora, kendg4, HeroHog, 319s, nanettecp60, franciscanv60, maggieru18, telcokrist, patsyrs2, summerpb69, phillipdv4, angietx69, askgodtosaveme42, leahdk18, jacquelynmg16, rosariolj60, marianasn69, mildredla60, eulaky16, Marinacycle, azotas, zicklon, timet18, tesPexengexia, bryaniw60, ExceteRem, FugJertantara, rasselserov, FoneeZexCot, Combloc_Cody, taniacj69, ntorelli, Jamesarkiz, mattiedz4, dashylya1, juliebf60, maftuna6888, jamizh16, Misolyavab, Burnsie, curtiswp2, gordonpm1, hazelsy16, addjim, ds1948, staciesx11, merledt60, angiejp18, vetal7tiger, CaliBoundAR15, cheriem60, martawe69, kirstenyh4, jodylu60, jeromeem69, 6ejiuu_ulllak, rosellajt16, ApyxgAncet, billiezi1, 4gene, avattismurl, georgettesj4, louellamd11, AzlirAncet, sarahdw69, denaxs2, kosoi_24, jaroqafurz, helenapi1, auro214, margodq4, AohauAncet, ebumehelmakum, ser23i, kellihl60, elainems1, AuzxpAncet, lucyvk60, Stevenpropy, Shnavel, cliftongu4, joydf3, joyceep18, AziuwAncet, Jimmyjuche, patricamy60, brentbk69, sueqz18, vedook001, cherylop69, shawntc3, bettysl60, neldamh11, rosanneli16, raefj2, mv-sokol, jimmiegq1, AbjtdAncet, jonbonn137, olega625, ttttllll, blastattack, summergm69, carleneix18, buy resumes online, timnb60, ArvcaAncet, Fragkos, bublik1999g, earlenebg11, winkone, aracelilm1, danik11, corneliazd60, AsrkkAncet, franvv18, aprilfv18, irina.s.5, lakishahz3, vincentde18, Matthewbrutt, curtisga18, renajd18, deenasn16, AliwgAncet, egor6547, Oridinc, janeph18, AkpoqAncet, JerryOccum, Lloydnab, Stevenpal, galecc11, paulakq1, adelaml2, gordonvo60, AwuboAncet, latonyaae60, vickyxn11, anitaip60, FortstarOdopy, staceyya11, GuestBrozy, shereebo3, ethelqo60, rosalindamv2, Robertfeaph, shanehv11, AatiuAncet, marquitagb2, Emissoksattib

THE FINNISH M39 I RESCUED HELP
Weaponeer Forums : General Questions

Posted in General Questions
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 13 2014 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Yes, those would've been 2nd WW built.  The Finns built a very accurate target rifle on the Mosin action in the '50's or '60's.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 14 2014 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

backbencher wrote:
Yes, those would've been 2nd WW built.  The Finns built a very accurate target rifle on the Mosin action in the '50's or '60's.

The M28-57, M28-76 & finally the Tkiv85

The Tkiv85 is the most intriguing, since it appear to float both the barrel & action around a recoil lug/barrel shroud.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: April 14 2014 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Hey Blays: 
with that rectangle with the SA inside you might have a captured action that has just had the stock replaced.  In my experience the rectangle SA was used to denote captured weapons.
 Mine is SKY marked with a S in a gear wheel above the 'SKY'. serial num. below and 1943 below that.
The gear wheel S appears on the left side of the rec. on the round section.
You can very faintly see what i think is the imperial eagle on the top hex.
But its just a ghost you gotta really be looking for it.

Are there any markings on the stock???  Mine shows an S in a shield with 43 below it and 3 rays on top of the S  No clue what that means but its neat.  Also does your stock show where it was cut ,just forward of the rear sight, and spliced back together???
I was told this was done to releave the stress on the stock and to keep it from warping.  Are the splices rounded or sharp teeth??? Again i was told this denotes during and after war stock work.  not sure which is which.  best guess is the rounded splice was during war as mine is marked 43 on both the rec. and the stock.

These and many more questions will be answered and asked on today's episode of "WHAT FINN. DO I HAVE"
Ryche   p.s. thanks for the close ups  She is a great looking piece.
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 14 2014 at 10:46pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

From my research... Its a sky manufactured m39 with a barrel from Belgium "b" the stock isnt either splices its squared splices which denotes post war re work the rounded are early "wartime" the sharp "triangular" ones are "transitional" which could be wartime or post war and squared or rectangular are all post war refurb....this is all according to 7.62x54.net and the other mosin forum I can't think of....supposedly my variation isn't rare but "not common"

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons" D.MacArthur

“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country” ― George S. Patton Jr.

View blaysngunz's Profile Search for other posts by blaysngunz

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: April 15 2014 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote ryche

COOL good stuff to know..  The other one i had the stock was the square splices, I don't remember the chamber marking though...  When i had about 7 or 8 Mosins of varying types i was aggravating over a trade and my wife asks"  Are you a Mosin collector?"  And silly me i said no not really and she says "if not why are you having such an issue with this trade"   i hadn't looked at it that way so the trade went through and several others were sold to pick up the remaining parts needed for my Johnson project. Still have two though my SKY Finn. and my Remington built 91.  I need to get another carbine they are fun to shoot and will knock the crap out of you if your not ready.

All in all its an excellent piece  Enjoy her for what she is and lets go put some rounds down range
Ryche

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 15 2014 at 10:33am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

ryche, the trick w/ a Mosin is to keep 'em away from the AR bits.  Mosins breed, and if AR DNA gets in there who knows what will happen.  Congrats on getting down to 2.  You need an antique and a coffee table...
Funny x 1

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 15 2014 at 12:00pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Ive seen a mosin cut down to a pistol lol that thing was scary...the guy shooting it had a good break on it shooting from a bipod...and every time her shot it reminded me of that video of those middle eastern men getting tossed around at the range shooting a full bore....ppl do funny things....any word on a project or parts that could become a project kind of on the cheap??? I have stuff I could trade...I moved from a house w/ basement to an apartment so I gotta down grade some tools and relaxing setup it just sits as I have no where to set up...and as I said before sold nearly all my projects except my AR coyote/target gun I was doing....but thats no fun

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons" D.MacArthur

“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country” ― George S. Patton Jr.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 15 2014 at 12:35pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Obrez cookbook - take 2 non-rare Mosin 33 rifle actions, and carefully torch cut them into 3 differing sized parts each.  Mill enough off each end, and carefully weld a brand-new Obrez pistol receiver back together in a jig.

Or - take 1 non-rare Mosin 33 rifle, send paperwork, copy of trust, and $200 to BATFE.  Engrave.  Wait for tax stamp.  On receipt of tax stamp, hacksaw off bbl.

Extra points if you use an otherwise trashed Remington receiver & bbl, and call them on 1 April to inquire about having the factory install a flash hider. 

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: April 16 2014 at 9:21am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Hey Back:  I don't have to worry about the DNA/ AR issue as i don't have any of those.  Oh wait i do own an AR180 but its out on loan right now.
What about Mauser??? both of mine sit next to several Mausers????(have close to 30 of them now i think)
Now you have me worried with the diversity of stuff i have stacked together

Blays:  Haven't sent you a p.m. back yet as i haven't had any shop time lately. I will be getting out  there today.  I know the Blk powder pistol is still there but most of the others sold or traded in the past several months.  The AK kit sold 1st as the guy who owned it wanted to buy a ring for his lady...   Yeah that kinda ring

Will get back to you soon.
Ryche

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 16 2014 at 9:40am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

ryche, the earliest Colt ARs are now C&R, just sayin'.  The worst that will happen by letting Mosins hang out w/ Mausers is some of the Mosins might end up w/ Mauser bayonet lugs - in fact, I think the Germans might have done some of that themselves.  If they hang w/ AR's, I could easily see a Mosin w/ rails & an AR carbine stock, cut down to 14.5" w/ a pinned & welded muzzle brake...

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: April 16 2014 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Oh OH OH   STOP THE HORROR  THe Night Mare

NOw you are really scaring me.  I thought that an AK looked silly with a AR stock on it.....

OH  Can't seem to get the picture out of my head.....

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 16 2014 at 1:36pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Hey, just imagine what could happen if a Mosin was next to a Stoner 63 for too long

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 16 2014 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

ryche wrote:
Oh OH OH   STOP THE HORROR  THe Night Mare

NOw you are really scaring me.  I thought that an AK looked silly with a AR stock on it.....

OH  Can't seem to get the picture out of my head.....

This should wipe that image right out:

Funny x 1

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 17 2014 at 2:59am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

WTF

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: April 17 2014 at 9:20am | IP Logged Quote ryche

You Are A Sick Man  Backbencher!!!!!!!!!!
Funny i just acquired a T/C built Hawken muzzle loader...
Kinda diggin on that door buster muzzle break

North:  So a belt fed bolt action Mosin  HHHHMMMMM
That would be some kind of repeater
Ryche

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 17 2014 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Woooooooooow! I thought people were insane for tacticooling their ARs and AKs and especially 10/22s but this is just sickening...I DONT understand the whole tactical everything people...when are you ever going to need to breach a door? Unless your military/law enforcement? And I also DONT understand the obsession with tactical training in general when are u ever in your life (outside of military/LE) going to need to spit 30-100 rounds at something then need to do it again in less than a second then again...and again....and again...thats just waisting money on ammo, tactical accessories, and time...why spend a few hundred a weekend on "speeding up your mag changes" when you could be buying more toys and projects....or anything for that matter

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 17 2014 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Well, I grant that room-clearing is a valuable skill to know if you come home and your door has been forced open.  But I only posted it b/c ryche had an eye-worm.  I figgered a taticool muzzle loader should eye bleach that image of a tacticooled Mosin right out.

If the South had only had EoTechs & GripPods...

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 17 2014 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Yea but coming home to a kicked in door...probably shouldn't go on lol I know why u posted it...and I actually enjoyed seing it gotta kick outta it...reminded me of the newer Hansel and Gretel lol

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: April 18 2014 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote ryche

OOOOOWEEE  Boy Howdy  I like the idea of the south having EOtech and forward grips  As i hale from the Great Country of TEXAS myself, i believe  we should find a time machine and take a few to Gen. Lee.
Just imagine
Ryche

I still think a belt fed bolt action Mosin would be cool though

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 18 2014 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

The Germans tried a 20 round magazine on the 98 in the 1st WW.  I think I've seen a backpack ammo tank for the M249/240.  The problem is the bbl overheats long before you run out of ammo, so you might as well have changed belts anyway.

<< Prev Topic General Questions Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version