Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 24 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 25

We have 1 member(s), 8 spiders, 24 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
maribelza69

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (257):
maribelza69, MikeTiceinjes, Juitlekneentero, fefAdmike, Robertbreks, CharlesLek, empisypeSpeancy, evelynmx60, ApysjAncet, Wraklyadula, erolerenelo, gayaj4, mikegt16, DAlons, elvaks11, Rardgreeddy, CliftonFeept, AtihtAncet, lesayr2, andredc1, Tony9, jetloco, AsbigAncet, veraam11, GuestARemo, victorxk3, Carlosuncek, aureliaeg1, AvaskAncet, rubydu16, rubenpe60, maggiezj2, ROceant, AsustAncet, AzkuaAncet, bikergunnut, Rolandfrits, ofeliabu3, caseyxl1, beverlyry11, clauderj69, AlflyAncet, Thomasjuh, lenorene18, AbyybAncet, Thomasbic, LottoAgeor, AzkdlAncet, Cindygom, estellecp2, backbencher, susannahg11, dollyri3, dwayneeg69, enidhq3, AubegAncet, dianneve18, 1959conya, AtdfiAncet, Black Beard, AobztAncet, lilianky11, harrysb11, RAMMAN4, jimdoc, utifono, AaronTon, juanitaqv11, shannonea2, katharineyg4, gayll60, justin22885, fannynw1, katinazc3, AsirqAncet, isabellawb11, marlapt60, surem4, heidits60, m1a76251, felixxw69, mariawh16, angelil1, AiccyAncet, lindseyly4, Advopay, linagq60, bbrown, robertoxy69, javiercv69, alejandrase2, AhsnwAncet, richardsy16, bessieac60, svetkatex, krystalaz4, elviaos3, cathleendi18, penelopepx11, teresapv11, AnpzuAncet, ritagn18, leannahl4, WAGIMADY, thocani, ernestinebi2, CeliaKeeri, Brianloora, kendg4, HeroHog, 319s, nanettecp60, franciscanv60, maggieru18, telcokrist, patsyrs2, summerpb69, phillipdv4, angietx69, askgodtosaveme42, leahdk18, jacquelynmg16, rosariolj60, marianasn69, mildredla60, eulaky16, Marinacycle, azotas, zicklon, timet18, tesPexengexia, bryaniw60, ExceteRem, FugJertantara, rasselserov, FoneeZexCot, Combloc_Cody, taniacj69, ntorelli, Jamesarkiz, mattiedz4, dashylya1, juliebf60, maftuna6888, jamizh16, Misolyavab, Burnsie, curtiswp2, gordonpm1, hazelsy16, addjim, ds1948, staciesx11, merledt60, angiejp18, vetal7tiger, CaliBoundAR15, cheriem60, martawe69, kirstenyh4, jodylu60, jeromeem69, 6ejiuu_ulllak, rosellajt16, ApyxgAncet, billiezi1, 4gene, avattismurl, georgettesj4, louellamd11, AzlirAncet, sarahdw69, denaxs2, kosoi_24, jaroqafurz, helenapi1, auro214, margodq4, AohauAncet, ebumehelmakum, ser23i, kellihl60, elainems1, AuzxpAncet, lucyvk60, Stevenpropy, Shnavel, cliftongu4, joydf3, joyceep18, AziuwAncet, Jimmyjuche, patricamy60, brentbk69, sueqz18, vedook001, cherylop69, shawntc3, bettysl60, neldamh11, rosanneli16, raefj2, mv-sokol, jimmiegq1, AbjtdAncet, jonbonn137, olega625, ttttllll, blastattack, summergm69, carleneix18, buy resumes online, timnb60, ArvcaAncet, Fragkos, bublik1999g, earlenebg11, winkone, aracelilm1, danik11, corneliazd60, AsrkkAncet, franvv18, aprilfv18, irina.s.5, lakishahz3, vincentde18, Matthewbrutt, curtisga18, renajd18, deenasn16, AliwgAncet, egor6547, Oridinc, janeph18, AkpoqAncet, JerryOccum, Lloydnab, Stevenpal, galecc11, paulakq1, adelaml2, gordonvo60, AwuboAncet, latonyaae60, vickyxn11, anitaip60, FortstarOdopy, staceyya11, GuestBrozy, shereebo3, ethelqo60, rosalindamv2, Robertfeaph, shanehv11, AatiuAncet, marquitagb2

THE FINNISH M39 I RESCUED HELP
Weaponeer Forums : General Questions

Posted in General Questions
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 09 2014 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

ok, a while back I was approached by a guy at work with a few questions about an upcoming build. He tells me he wants to do a mosin modern sniper. I assume hes gonna use one of the millions upon millions of 91/30s. Well toward the end of our convo he mentions that its a 1942 Finnish M39. At the time I thought nothing of it.
When I went home it was all I could think about. I couldn't even sleep. How is this guy gonna cut up an m39, when there are plenty of 91/30s out there.
So I end up mentioning I have a nice 1943 91/30 in a laminated stock I would trade him because I couldn't fathom him cutting up a Finnish m39. (Oh BTW I'm a huuuuge fan of vintage Finn armaments)
   He agreed under one condition....I assist with his build IE; help him source tools and a muzzle break. His plan is to cut the barrel down, thread it and attach a muzzle break. He wants the barrel length anywhere from 18-22" what would define that is thread options and the muzzle break looking natural.
So can anyone point me in the right direction or borrow/ rent me threading dies and a crowing tool? Also maybe any muzzle break options that aren't buku bucks or know an up and coming shop trying to get there name out there that'd discount. This guy shoots at a lot of WELL KNOWN ranges in my area and knows a ton of people into building. SO FRIENDS AND FELLOW GUN LOVERS HELP!!!! I'D HATE TO NOT DELIVER AND HAVE TO TRADE BACK...NOT TOENTION LAWS HAVE CHANGED SINCE THEN SO ITD COST ME MONEY TO TRADE HIM BACK

THE M39 I RESCUED
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons" D.MacArthur

“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country” ― George S. Patton Jr.

View blaysngunz's Profile Search for other posts by blaysngunz

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 10 2014 at 2:00am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Need more to work with?

What type of shooting does he do?
What sort of ranges, 100yds, 1000yds ?
Why does he want a muzzle break?

Threading tools, I think the easiest is to try Brownells.

I am designing a muzzle brake specifically for the Mosin Nagant rifle, but I live in France, and it's still in the development stage.

I will say there's a lot of muzzle brakes available that work, but also a lot that do absolutely nothing, other than blow a lot of crap up into everyones face.
If he wants a muzzle brake that works, expect to pay the price for one.
but if he wants to look like someone who just's fired the main guns on a battleship, any old crap will do.

By the way, well done on the rescue

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 10 2014 at 4:45am | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

He just wants to shoot out to 500 with 300 being average. Not to sure on why he wants the break. And I know Brownells but I'm looking to maybe rent them or something as a.) There not for me and b.) He doesn't plan on doing it again. The vibe I got was that hes just bored and wants to make a modern rifle out of an old one spending minimal money.
And yea I know....it was bothering me bad when he told me he was gonna cut it up!!! U couldn't let him do it

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons" D.MacArthur

“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country” ― George S. Patton Jr.

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 10 2014 at 8:02am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

How much of a hurry is he in?

I'm happy to make a muzzle brake, but only if he's not in too much of a rush to get it done.
Sending one over to you, should not be too much trouble.

The muzzle brakes I'm going to make are going to be from 8620 steel, carburised, and a blued "rough" finish.

The muzzle brakes, I'm designing are for shooting long distance so should be perfect for him.

Cost wise, can't say right now, but they won't be stupid money. The right price, for the right tool, for the right job.

Renting tooling to thread the barrel, I can't help you there. You'll have to keep looking in the US.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

I have 4 Mosins.  I know exactly why he wants a muzzle brake.  I'd suggest a 22" bbl min, and to consider a linear compensator & a thick recoil pad.  The more bbl he chops off, the lighter that thing is & the more kick there will be.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/KIES_Blast_Master_Linear_Com pensator_p/kies-blst%20mstr30.htm

This one is Canadian, out of stock:
http://www.amazon.com/7-62-308-300BLK-Linear-Compensator/dp/ B00I8TY75O/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Don't know how much of the claimed recoil reduction is there, but this one will go to .338", so could handle the .311" dia of the Mosin:
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Concussion-Shrouded-Muzzle-Brake /dp/B00IHI5ZMK/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_2

http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Krinkov-Pressure-Reducer-Devi ce/dp/B00ECIKKS8/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_0

That's a pretty M39.  You should sacrifice two more Mosins & make an Obrez
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 10 2014 at 12:37pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Northumbrian yea let me know as the projectoves along
Backbencher thanks for the input and suggestions. I know right!!! I can't believe I got this pretty m39 with a legit perfect barrel for almost a straight up trade for a 91/30

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 10 2014 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Oh I also wanted to mention...I had nearly all the tools at the time of trade but when my son ended up in the hospital for 4 months I had to sell off much of my tools and projects...now I'm back to basics...oh on another note if any o e knows of someone selling a hacked up old milsurp, anything really krag, 1903, mosin, smile,   Mauser, even a rolling block or highwall....basically any old gun that needs help for a decent price PM me I'm itching to do that type of build.

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 10 2014 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

blaysngunz wrote:
Northumbrian yea let me know as the projectoves along

No Problem

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: April 11 2014 at 10:17am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Not to step on North's meat but Smith enterprises makes a Vortex break that is supposed to work well. I have never used on only read about them.
If i'm wrong let me know.
Do what you gotta do to hang on to that one, i love mine. Its nicer to shoot than the 91/30.
Which model is it?? Whats on the chamber??
Ryche
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 11 2014 at 11:06am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

The SEI vortex is fantastic, originally designed for the MK14 EBR, but they made it pretty much for anything you can think of.

if you want to get one of those, I won't be offended, they are very good

The Finns really did refine the Mosin, I'd love to have a Finnish Mosin.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 11 2014 at 10:35pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Beforw I got this gun I used to always say "what's all the hype with the Finn mosins? How Mich better can they really be? Specially given there surcimstances during their wars" then I got this and that answer is EVERYTHING IS BETTER!!! THE STOCK, TGE SIGHTS ARE AMAZING, THE BARREL IS ON PAR WITH SOME BARRELS IVE SPENT MORE THAN ID LIKE TO ADMIT...AND THAT TRIGGER!!! BEAUTIFUL! 2 STAGE ALMOST WITH WHAT ID ESTIMATE A 3.5-4LB CRISP BREAK! THE MAGAZINE DOESN'T HICKUP IF ITS NOT LOADED PERFECT. THE BARREL IS FREE FLOATED FROM THOSE SHIMS...IM IN LOVE WITH THE GUN...ITS ACCURACY IS SUPERB ON PAR WITH GUNS IVE SHOT IN THE $1K-$2500 RANGE....only thing the finns could a done for improvement is bed the action and make the trigger adjustable, maybe a peep sight.... But let's be realistic these were built in war time in the late 30s early 40s on actions they basically stole. I love everything about this gun. And Finn military in general during that period cmon they'd shoot Russians with their guns, with their ammo that they jacked from copying there resupply signals.....all in all superb and I'm really gonna have to do some scrounging to keep this thing...like I said my newborn was in neonatal ICU for 3.5 months and my wife for a month before plus we gave a 3 year old whom needed to be dropped off and picked up 8-12 miles away everyday...so u take all that driving 12,546 miles to be exact times a jeep who love to chug gas plus my 10% I'm responsible for in bills... This has all been quite costly so unfortunately I had to sell offnearly ALL MY PROJECTS and nearly ALL MY TOOLS just to afford to drive to the hospital and sitter everyday...so please any help will be much appreciated and any favors returned when my financial situation chills out...thanks everyone so much on this site your all amazing!!! Oh ryche I'll get the codes on the gun in a few

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 12 2014 at 12:40am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Have you shot a Sako TRG yet?

You really do know what the Finns can do when you shoot one of those

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 12 2014 at 2:09am | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

No I have not had the pleasure of doing so yet. I'd love to because if the Finns pumped out the weapons they did during the wars with limited options I'd love to see what they could do with a ground up design/build. The guns are beautiful I do know and a sniper Buddy of mine is saving up for a whope deployment package to use after shooting one several times...he's obsessed with getting one.

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 12 2014 at 4:51am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

I used a TRG42 chambered in .338 Lapua for about 2 years in North Africa, shot regularly past 1200yards, and never missed.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 12 2014 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Ryche these r for u

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 12 2014 at 11:58am | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 12 2014 at 12:01pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 13 2014 at 4:16am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

I didn't see it was a Hex receiver too.

It looks like it's got an Imperial eagle on the receiver, which indicates it's from pre-Soviet inventory.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 13 2014 at 12:00pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Most of the Finns are hex, as they got most of their receivers from Russian stocks when they seceded from Russia.  They never made their own receivers - they always had plenty on hand.  They sought out good bbls all over Europe, though.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 13 2014 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

The couple of Finn Mosin's I've seen had round receivers, so probably built on later receivers from captured Soviet Mosins.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

<< Prev Topic General Questions Next Topic >>

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version