Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 18 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 20

We have 2 member(s), 6 spiders, 18 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
maribelza69, rebekahcj18

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (258):
rebekahcj18, maribelza69, MikeTiceinjes, Juitlekneentero, fefAdmike, Robertbreks, CharlesLek, empisypeSpeancy, evelynmx60, ApysjAncet, Wraklyadula, erolerenelo, gayaj4, mikegt16, DAlons, elvaks11, Rardgreeddy, CliftonFeept, AtihtAncet, lesayr2, andredc1, Tony9, jetloco, AsbigAncet, veraam11, GuestARemo, victorxk3, Carlosuncek, aureliaeg1, AvaskAncet, rubydu16, rubenpe60, maggiezj2, ROceant, AsustAncet, AzkuaAncet, bikergunnut, Rolandfrits, ofeliabu3, caseyxl1, beverlyry11, clauderj69, AlflyAncet, Thomasjuh, lenorene18, AbyybAncet, Thomasbic, LottoAgeor, AzkdlAncet, Cindygom, estellecp2, backbencher, susannahg11, dollyri3, dwayneeg69, enidhq3, AubegAncet, dianneve18, 1959conya, AtdfiAncet, Black Beard, AobztAncet, lilianky11, harrysb11, RAMMAN4, jimdoc, utifono, AaronTon, juanitaqv11, shannonea2, katharineyg4, gayll60, justin22885, fannynw1, katinazc3, AsirqAncet, isabellawb11, marlapt60, surem4, heidits60, m1a76251, felixxw69, mariawh16, angelil1, AiccyAncet, lindseyly4, Advopay, linagq60, bbrown, robertoxy69, javiercv69, alejandrase2, AhsnwAncet, richardsy16, bessieac60, svetkatex, krystalaz4, elviaos3, cathleendi18, penelopepx11, teresapv11, AnpzuAncet, ritagn18, leannahl4, WAGIMADY, thocani, ernestinebi2, CeliaKeeri, Brianloora, kendg4, HeroHog, 319s, nanettecp60, franciscanv60, maggieru18, telcokrist, patsyrs2, summerpb69, phillipdv4, angietx69, askgodtosaveme42, leahdk18, jacquelynmg16, rosariolj60, marianasn69, mildredla60, eulaky16, Marinacycle, azotas, zicklon, timet18, tesPexengexia, bryaniw60, ExceteRem, FugJertantara, rasselserov, FoneeZexCot, Combloc_Cody, taniacj69, ntorelli, Jamesarkiz, mattiedz4, dashylya1, juliebf60, maftuna6888, jamizh16, Misolyavab, Burnsie, curtiswp2, gordonpm1, hazelsy16, addjim, ds1948, staciesx11, merledt60, angiejp18, vetal7tiger, CaliBoundAR15, cheriem60, martawe69, kirstenyh4, jodylu60, jeromeem69, 6ejiuu_ulllak, rosellajt16, ApyxgAncet, billiezi1, 4gene, avattismurl, georgettesj4, louellamd11, AzlirAncet, sarahdw69, denaxs2, kosoi_24, jaroqafurz, helenapi1, auro214, margodq4, AohauAncet, ebumehelmakum, ser23i, kellihl60, elainems1, AuzxpAncet, lucyvk60, Stevenpropy, Shnavel, cliftongu4, joydf3, joyceep18, AziuwAncet, Jimmyjuche, patricamy60, brentbk69, sueqz18, vedook001, cherylop69, shawntc3, bettysl60, neldamh11, rosanneli16, raefj2, mv-sokol, jimmiegq1, AbjtdAncet, jonbonn137, olega625, ttttllll, blastattack, summergm69, carleneix18, buy resumes online, timnb60, ArvcaAncet, Fragkos, bublik1999g, earlenebg11, winkone, aracelilm1, danik11, corneliazd60, AsrkkAncet, franvv18, aprilfv18, irina.s.5, lakishahz3, vincentde18, Matthewbrutt, curtisga18, renajd18, deenasn16, AliwgAncet, egor6547, Oridinc, janeph18, AkpoqAncet, JerryOccum, Lloydnab, Stevenpal, galecc11, paulakq1, adelaml2, gordonvo60, AwuboAncet, latonyaae60, vickyxn11, anitaip60, FortstarOdopy, staceyya11, GuestBrozy, shereebo3, ethelqo60, rosalindamv2, Robertfeaph, shanehv11, AatiuAncet, marquitagb2

H&R DOUBLE ACTION TOP BREAK HELP
Weaponeer Forums : General Questions

Posted in General Questions
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 23 2014 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Ok I have an antique pre 1899 h&r top break double action "police" in 38 s&w
It functions great except for the hand spring is missing. I purchased a "h&r style top break hand spring gunsmith kit" from wolfff gun springs but I cannot for the life of me Figure out how to install it...or even make it work...does someone have a picture of the inner working of one of these old revolvers...when I get home I'll post pictures. Its the 4 patent date model. I believe its considered a large frame but its not a big gun at all.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons" D.MacArthur

“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country” ― George S. Patton Jr.

View blaysngunz's Profile Search for other posts by blaysngunz

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 23 2014 at 6:19pm | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

Have you checked here....

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/HarringtonRichards on-33274/Revolvers-36449/NewModelLargeFramePoliceAutomatic-3 8129.htm

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 23 2014 at 7:23pm | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

Go through all these and you should find one that fits....

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1899%20H%26R%20T OP%20BREAK%20PISTOL&sm=12

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 24 2014 at 12:51pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Yea ive. Checked gunpartacorp.com a few times...they have the hand and spring...what my question is, where does the spring rest against? There's no cut out on the frame, almost seems as if it would need to be bent, and stuck into the space where the trigger and lifter are attached. I wish I could just see pics of an assembled trigger, hand, and lifter from this era. Ive fixed THOS on forehand & Wadsworth's, smith&Wesson's, and iver johnsons. THOS one is just weird

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons" D.MacArthur

“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country” ― George S. Patton Jr.

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 24 2014 at 3:46pm | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

Pictures of the problem would be helpful.

Does it look anything like this..

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 24 2014 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

If it does there should be a drilled hole in the top of the trigger that the end of the spring slides into....

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 24 2014 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

I'm at work right now I'll post pics asap...and yes it looks luke that but its the original so it accepts a flat spring rather than a wire type...thanks for the help and I'll get the pics up asap...I feel like an idiot lol ive done this several times on different makes this one is just weird to me

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 25 2014 at 12:42am | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 26 2014 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

Can't tell for sure but the one that I have seen on my Gun smith  videos had the spring gap on the back side of the hand toward the lifter, and actuated both the hand and the lifter with spring tension... That's the best that I can come up with without having all the parts in my hands, Sorry....

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 26 2014 at 10:47am | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Thanks...yea ive never even seen this put together . I received it in pieces so I'm kind d of stuck...most revolvers its easy just only makes sense one way...this one just seems all backwards to me.
How would you like to have the parts in your hands?? Haha its an antique so it can ship

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 28 2014 at 7:07am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

Sorry, but that will still require a FFL to work on someone else's gun...

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 28 2014 at 8:22am | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

Never knew that...good to know.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 28 2014 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

tr6guns wrote:
Sorry, but that will still require a FFL to work on someone else's gun...

How is that if it's an antique?  Legally it's not a gun, and wouldn't even be checked in on a gunsmith's books.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 28 2014 at 10:34am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

Legally it is a gun and requires a C&R or FFL license to purchase.

And Without a Gunsmith License you may not Legally work on any guns other than your own. And furthermore I have no desire to test the system to find out who is right....

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 28 2014 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

It was made pre 1899 so legally its not considered a gun...ie; didnt have to go threw an ffl. And I checked with several dealers before purchasing...unless I intend on shooting it, rather than collecting it. Which I'm not. Just want it functioning in case I wanna sell it.

trickyrick

CSM
CSM

Posted: March 28 2014 at 8:01pm | IP Logged Quote trickyrick

not your type but will give you an idea of how they are set up and what you need. this is an h&r 22

scratch that, this is similar to what tr6 was saying...give me some time as i have a bunch put up but also know some sites to check.
View trickyrick's Profile Search for other posts by trickyrick

trickyrick

CSM
CSM

Posted: March 28 2014 at 8:29pm | IP Logged Quote trickyrick

looking at it. it would appear, and iirc, that the spring is just long enough to go from the slot in the hand down to the center of the pin. it rests against the inside of the frame just to one side of the slot for the hand. being that the hand mounts on the pin of the lifter, the spring keeps the the
hand away from cylinder as well as keeps the lifter engaged w/ the hammer. here is a good pick of a pull pin revolver w/ your type of system. if you right click it will give you full screen option. i have cut these springs from the metal spring clips that hold papers together. like this

this it the site w/ the schematic.
h_r pull pin
View trickyrick's Profile Search for other posts by trickyrick

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 30 2014 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

tr6guns wrote:
  Legally it is a gun and requires a C&R or FFL license to purchase.

And Without a Gunsmith License you may not Legally work on any guns other than your own. And furthermore I have no desire to test the system to find out who is right....

OP, you are entirely correct, your pistol is not a firearm & you may send it to whomever you wish in these United States & anyone may work on it, whether they are a gunsmith or not.

View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

blaysngunz

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 09 2014 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote blaysngunz

thanks everyone for all the info and insight! Ive been extremely busy with work and my sons benefit. But I'm happy to say after 3.5 months hes finally home! Tonight will be my first chance at actually giving this h&r a look since the original post. Hopefully it goes well thanks a lot!

<< Prev Topic General Questions Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version