Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
5 members and 28 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 33

We have 5 member(s), 7 spiders, 28 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Danielexark, fermneoroup, MartishSoits, reonfubrolo, inna_ieyf

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (183):
reonfubrolo, KeypeBreelty, fermneoroup, tesPexengexia, fefAdmike, MartishSoits, ExceteRem, inna_ieyf, Danielexark, uplikigue, Juitlekneentero, brandyhl69, FreefestErymn, erolerenelo, mereebova, Altessy, vozysoove, WilliamENFOK, Charleskip, LesterIneni, DavidJof, Wraklyadula, rulmiriucculkiz, Paraquat, Dapaswourb, QLRobert, MarkReext, alibiaEmand, FoneeZexCot, inna_furg, backbencher, empisypeSpeancy, soriissuend, Boschrdv, Boschyeh, Boschrpe, Murasnasp, gabriellewy4, noreenwy1, RatTaittar, Brainwourb, HoxiasillHist, FugJertantara, carlrw4, carmelaan69, optovkatex, old guns, russyMixail, Beefcake, ArthuImpob, Dongokwourb, inna_emmx, EvaemodE, Whitneyendag, janeyp16, manuelgv18, DayliKib, marilynaj18, Raneswourb, EugeneaPhown, florakj69, Progonhic, minervald69, Fragkos, juliettesp60, Bandinayawourb, hollielk4, Darinwhish, JamesJig, toddjg69, shaunawc2, bikergunnut, minervazk11, Vinereywourb, caitlinbk18, monauz4, Derekrarty, Kennethlib, CalvinVat, ArtemPailk, celinakc11, Flux, ArseniyJah, BogdanAutot, tamikaze11, carlosty16, geraldinewt11, kurtcq18, Waltermox, whitneyzc11, jaynecg2, StephenJep, Mingledorffwourb, SpikeBuilt, kering4, Stevieven, Gearglani, williamyd16, sidneyhs18, Jackiefiend, lavernejs3, Shadowrunnerwourb, lesleyzk3, kimxc3, cal50, evgenwat, jeremydy1, HellDragonwourb, bridgetux2, terraih16, bbrown, ollieio11, dalefp1, Olgacag, Buzatuswourb, jolenelg3, davidgb60, jimdoc, helenezb16, miguelhg1, jaimevu2, SanyokSmoks, jetloco, ds1948, Warum, CanadafinN, toddww69, zedsdead, rrayepalcixi, Gentrabo, margieua4, cewecah, angeljc69, luellash69, kristenvo69, Gavinramatwourb, lynnettegr1, edwardub69, ebeotuwikofa, lillianxy60, Forrestbug, sochi.cat/-Weino, dimentObjestben, serenarr69, hilarygq2, Trashminwourb, Maynardvuh, JamesHap, Josephabaph, KennethBum, Ronaldsaulp, Dameenawourb, azotas, carlyyp11, Nusaward, rachelye2, JulianSMB, mariettatv60, benjaminex3, AWilliamtoInc, JamesImmot, Qanadwourb, GreogyFlepe, ezulokemu, constancedp2, opagoyar, Adoradwynwourb, oiyigen, ryche, Lornakic, nettieft69, 11millimeter, travisin3, ronzor, susanapl60, agrohimmrb, Hugoherwourb, Smallboy, natalieks2, kentef69, vincentsi16, Gralindawourb, Canadian Pharmacy On

My son’s first ever shoot
Weaponeer Forums : Shooting

Posted in Shooting
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: June 27 2013 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Today my son fired a real gun for the first time.

We went to the gun club I am going to join, and shot a friends guns.

Other than nerf guns and airsoft which is pretty much all you can shoot in the UK. France is a lot more free, in that aspect.

I just left my friend to brief him, and supervise him that way he did not have me breathing down his neck, and I could concentrate non just taking the pictures.

The club is very relaxed, but hot on safety.
Members are very welcoming, even with the language barrier.

Another member was shooting an old black powder Winchester lever action, sorry fellas I can't remember which one. But he invited us to shoot it, which "Northumbrian the younger" did, I "Northumbrian the elder" was too busy drooling over my friends 1911's.

Well enough writing, here's the pics

The first gun he has ever fired is a 1911, the first rifle he has ever fired is an AR15, and third gun he fired was an old Winchester.
You can get a better start than that.

Me, it was the first time I shot since 2005, I am as happy as a Pig in Sh*t.
I'm still smiling now, which after this week, is just what the doctor ordered.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

Slowhand

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 27 2013 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote Slowhand

A good lesson for everyone stateside!  My boys and daughter grew up shooting, something we just always took for granted.  With the assault on forearms ownership of late we should all heed the wakeup call.  I am very happy for you and your son, I hope you both get in lots of shooting.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: June 27 2013 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Oh Man North that is way cool.  I hope he enjoyed it as much as we do.
Its kinda funny my son who is only 9 owns 4 of his own guns all .22's
and of course i have control of them until he is legal age, but they are his and he knows it.

Did "North the younger" have the permagrin??? thats what we call it
It goes from ear to ear and kinda gets stuck there for awhile
especially playing with that old Winchester. That doesn't happen too much any more.
That looks to be a nice range by the way.
Congrats to "north the younger"!!!!!
Ryche
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: June 28 2013 at 2:09am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Thanks guys, He certainly did have the permagrin, although he did try to hide on the drive home.
His favourite was the AR15, I think, this was due to him being able to hit more consistently.

At the end of the day's shooting, My friend & I went around to collect his brass, as everyone reloads here due to a crazy law limiting us to buy only 1000 rounds per year, but this is only for the brass. Of his .45 brass he was one missing, he was ok about as he usually looses one. I found it last night one my sons bed side cabinet. Me thinks a closet 1911 fan   

Seriously though, he did very well and I am very proud of him, he is disappointed though he can't own a gun or be a member of the club until he's 18, so that another 5 years for him. But he can come along and shoot with me as a guest. He can join the junior club, but he's not that enthusiastic about only being allowed an air rifle.
But as I said to him, I learned to shoot on an air rifle & pistol, and the experience he gains on them will make him a better marksman. " Uhhh Okkaay" was the reply.

The club facilities are extremely good, it's in an old quarry so the rounds stay in the range, it has three stances 25, 50 & 100 metres, we stayed on the 25 for Northumbrian the younger's first shoot.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

Slowhand

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 29 2013 at 5:23am | IP Logged Quote Slowhand

A question for Northumbrian.  Can you shoot on your own land with proper backstop and normal safety precautions observed?  Is there any limit on number of firearms a private individual can own?  The more info I can gather the more I can educate my grandchildren on the freedom here in the states of gun ownership and the need to protect these rights.  It won't be long and they will be voters. 

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: June 29 2013 at 7:32am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

You cannot shoot on your own land unless it is for La Chasse (The Hunt), and that means anyone can shoot on your land with out your permission. You cannot set up a range, although that does not stop people from doing so.

You can have as many .22's as you like, but you are restricted to 7 full bore calibers, pistols & rifles.
Shotguns, same as 22's.
Black powder no restriction at all.
You can only buy 1000 rounds per year, although that is restricted to brass only. Bullets, powder & primers as many as you like.

In France we have 66 million people, 20 million registered firearms, plus all the unregistered firearms that are not declared, and that can be anything and everything left over from the second world war.
The methods employed by the partisans in ww2, are still here, they've become ingrained into the people.

I live in the Creuse, which is part of the Limousin.
The Marquis De Limousin had at it's height over 12,000 members and the limousin was the first area of France to be liberated entirely by the French.
Battle hardened soldiers coming from the russian front called the Limousin "Little Russia" as they never had to fight as hard any where else.
With that history the French, especially in my area will never give up their guns, even if the government orders them to do so, they will again become an "occupied country" and revert to hiding it all away.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: June 29 2013 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Its shameful that people in this country don't remember who or why they have the freedom they have. Its all taken for granted.
They think that Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor those who fought for our freedom, is just a good day to have a barbeque.
Oh well maybe they will learn without us having to loose our rights but i doubt it!!!
Ryche
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: June 29 2013 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

25th August 1944, 124 Died in Maille, Indre et loire, the oldest 84 years, the youngest 2years.

9th June 1944, 214 Died in Tulle, Correze, mostly prisoners.

10th June 1944, 642 Died in Oradour Sur Glane, Haute Vienne, the oldest 90 years, the youngest 1 week. The village is exactly as the day it happened, Charles De'Gaulle ordered it remain untouched as a permanent monument to those who died.

All because of the activities carried out by the French Resistance.
The last two Tulle & Oradour Sur Glane are both in the Limousin.

You can't learn a lesson harder than that, and the French really did learn it.

Do you really want to wait until your government does that to you, yes these atrocities were carried out by the SS, but with the assistance, and full knowledge of the Vichy government forces.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

GunnerJacky

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: May 14 2016 at 2:14am | IP Logged Quote GunnerJacky

You son seems to be fond of shooting guns. You can get him trained by professional gun trained. If you live in Massachusetts at Boston then Boston Firearms Safety Training School is a best place to get your son trained. This will have several benefits too. As he can acquire MA Gun License and carry gun in all 29 states without breaking any gun law.

View GunnerJacky's Profile Search for other posts by GunnerJacky Visit GunnerJacky's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 15 2016 at 11:09am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Looks like your son was having a good time. which is great. the best thing is to have a family shooting together, or at least one of them.  My mother used to enjoy shooting with me. My mother owned a 20ga single shot, and a snub nose. my list is fairly extensive as a builder. but my mother's Favorite rifle is one of my AR15 Carbine's. her Favorite handgun's were my 357 and 1911 .  sadly she passed away in 2010 around the time I was a homeless veteran.

My mother really enjoyed shooting, more than likely the way your son does and/or will

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

<< Prev Topic Shooting Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version