Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 33 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 34

We have 1 member(s), 7 spiders, 33 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
bikergunnut

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (63):

Review of the Multitasker TUBE
Weaponeer Forums : Product Reviews

Posted in Product Reviews
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:31pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Today I had the pleasure of doing a product review for a product thatís not even on the market yet.  In fact, Brownells will not have the product for sale until the end of July.

And what might that product be?  Itís the Multitasker TUBEtm

The Multitasker TUBE is a brand new tool from www.multitaskertools.com  Multitasker Tools LLC is known for making innovative tools, with the original tool (that Iím aware of) being in the form of a Multitool, much like a Leatherman but with tools dedicated to the cleaning and maintenance of the AR/M16 series weapons.

The new Multitasker TUBE builds on that being an all new tool in the form of a large pen or ďtubeĒ that can fit in your pocket, and it helps you perform cleaning and maintenance in the field or at home with a selection of 10 AR-specific tool bits in a rubber holder (not in the pen), a Magnetic ľĒ tool bit driver system with removable 4-prong A2 front sight adjustment tool, 8-32 male thread (compatible with OTISTM cleaning kits but not included), supplied with a dental pick attachment and their unique bent carbon scraper with a radiused tip.

And it truly is a tool designed for Multi-tasks, with even the Pocket Clip acting as a flat bladed screw driver.  Itís surprisingly very well made with the entire body and caps being CNC machined from 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum and with a nice black anodized protective finish.  All the photos were taken in MACRO for very close in detail of the tool and you will notice the tool, finish, and craftsmanship is flawless.  You could not ask for a better made tool.

I really liked the fact that the tool comes with an AR15 Front Sight Adjustment tool. There have been many times where I forgot mine, misplaced it or otherwise just could not find it. This makes forgetting that tool a thing of the past because this tool is nearly everything I need to take as far as tools when I go to the range.  In all my years as an Army Armorer I wish I would have had such as tool as the Multitasker TUBE because it would have made my trips to the ranges to support the battalion so much easier and I could have left my tool box back in the arms room and just carried this tool to the range. And not just for the front sight adjustment tool, but due to having all the bits you really need on the AR/M16 series weapons.  Itís not nearly as all inclusive as the Multitasker Multitool they sell, but itís everything I need at the range with all the screwdriver, hex head, and other bits I need to tighten or loosen while at the range or in the field.

Even the case the Multitasker TUBE came in is very well made, tough, and room enough to fit all the cleaning tools you need to stuff into your range bag.  The tool really is dedicated to the AR rifles, but you can use it to help clean or maintain your other weapons as well.

I really cannot find anything bad to say about it.  The tool itself is small at 5.25Ē long x 5/8Ē diameter and it only weighs 2 oz, so itís the perfect tool for the field as well as the range.

The photos really do not do this tool justice, and trust me.  If I didnít like this tool I would not use it to clean an expensive JP Rifles Tactical Bolt Carrier.  In fact, I feel that my JP bolt carrier deserves this kind of quality to insure it stays operational for years to come. Who knows, the rifle that carries this bolt may save my life some day, and without proper cleaning, maintenance, and care that might not be possible, so in a way it all comes down to the tools that you use, and while a weapon is a tool, itís the tools that keep our weapons functioning at their peak performance that are as important as the weapons themselves.

Multitasker Tools LLC did a fine job of designing this tool, and Iím sure it will be a hot seller, with an MSRP of $44.95 but an expected street price of around $35; it will be well spent money.

I typically am pretty fussy about what I review, because I donít want to waste my time or yours and the time reviewing this tool was very well spent.  If you are looking at this tool and youíre not sure if you should buy itÖ buy it, because itís worth it in my opinion.

RATING:

Very well made, high quality tool, and it does just what itís designed to do and it does it well.   Watch for this tool next month for sale at Brownells and other fine companies. Youíre not going to want to miss it.

For more information visit: http://www.multitaskertools.com/

Note: Weaponeer.net receives no commission on the sales of any Multitasker Tools of any kind, and Weaponeer.net (or myself by default) was not paid to write this review or any other product review posted on this site.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:34pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Additional photos not used in the Multitasker TUBE review.

The case has room for expansion

A good collection of bits

The old tool of choice is the dental pick, and this tool includes it.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:41pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Need to remove carbon?  this is the tool to remove it!

Well designed to get in the spots that are hard to clean.

The Front sight tool is great. keep in mind this is an A2 tool and will not fit the A1 front sight posts, but you can still use the other parts of the tool to ajust the A1 sights.

No cheap plastic here.  even the cap is a 3/16' pin puch to help push out those stubbord receiver pins.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:44pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

This is where you screw in the OTIS cleaning tools.

Just like the pick above

Keep in mind that you can control the length of the tool depending on what end cap you screw in place.

so you can make the tool long or short.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:48pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

As you can see, the TUBE really is not that big

and as you can see it will fit inside the carrier, so it's not that big around either

Remove the cap and the tool will reach down to places you had a hard time cleaning before.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:51pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

great for cleaning the bolt

Cleaning the bolt carrier

Even hard to reach areas

and locking lugs

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:54pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

anyplace that needs to be cleaned (even the receiver)

hard to remove carbon areas

or impossible to reach areas

remove carbon that just will not come off.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:56pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

and then really get the hard to get at areas

if you can see it, you can clean it.

Great tools, for the weapons you depend on.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2010 at 11:02pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

roosterkadath

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 30 2010 at 10:32am | IP Logged Quote roosterkadath

It looks neat and you seem to like it a lot. Why not give us a how to video of taking down an AR and cleaning it with just this kit?

View roosterkadath's Profile Search for other posts by roosterkadath

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 30 2010 at 12:15pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

roosterkadath wrote:
It looks neat and you seem to like it a lot. Why not give us a how to video of taking down an AR and cleaning it with just this kit?

I don't own the add on kit (yet) that includes the cable to clean the bore.

I also don't have a dirty AR   

But it's far more than a cleaning kit.  it's designed to help you add accessories such as installing a scope or other accessory rail, or to help you adjust the scope at the range if you don't have target knobs.

And you are right, I do like it a lot.  It was built based on the suggestions of soldiers on what they need for a basic tool to carry into the field or into battle.  And thats what's really unique about the Multitasker tools company.  It really cares about the troops, and its dedicated to building the tools the troops want or ask for.

Multitasker tools also sent a lot of tools to deployed troops for free, and they are a corporate sponsors of the Wounded Warrior Project, donating money from every product sold, with over $2000 donated last year and $5000 expected this year.

so the tool really is a multitask tool, not designed just for cleaning, just like the company not just your normal company.  Like the tools, they are much more.

We will be reviewing two more tools from Multitasker tools very soon, and I think one tool is the GEN 2 of the original Multitasker tool after it was changed to incorporate suggestions from troops in the field. so I'm looking forward to seeing what else they came up with, and I have high expectations.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 20 2010 at 10:53am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I have TWO new multitasker reviews on the way!

Multitasker just keeps getting better and better

<< Prev Topic Product Reviews Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version