Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 33 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 35

We have 2 member(s), 6 spiders, 33 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
bikergunnut, justin22885

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (66):

Weapon photos needed
Weaponeer Forums : Weapon History

Posted in Weapon History
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 20 2010 at 12:32pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

The fun part about the weapon History I have been posting is that I learn just as much as anyone else.

How many people knew you could shoot .45 Schofield out of a .45 colt?

While most people know you can shoot 38 Special out of a .357 Magnum, and you can shoot 44 Special out of a 44 Magnum.

But did you know you can shoot .45 Colt out of a .454 Casull?

or how about being able to shoot .45 Colt, and .454 Casull out of a .460 S&W Magnum?

While you may look at it and say "who cares"  it's actually valuable information.  lets say the SHTF and they are out of your prefered revolver caliber. If you know what else you can safely shoot without any modification to your pistol, you are than much father ahead.

How about Obama puts in place ammunition limits (oh, that would never happen) and store no longer stock your caliber..  You know what else you can shoot and or reload.  plus, an 8 year old can shoot 45 colt out of a .460 S&W Magnum, and it's an easy way to get your other half and/or girlfriend to shoot your guns without the FEAR of the recoil making it more fun and you get more chances to go to the range.

Just don't bring the Wife AND girl friend at the same time otherwise you will be the target.

so this all lead back to WEAPON PHOTOS..  I can only post history if I have photos, so submit your photos!

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

clay5769

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: July 30 2010 at 5:52am | IP Logged Quote clay5769

I just got a 1895 nagant off of gunbrokers I cant wait to get it and shoot it. I got a great deal on it I think, the guy I got it from bought a gun shop and was selling off the old inventory and I don't think he knew what he had, it comes with the holster and lanyard and cleaning kit and everything. Here is the picture he had on GB it looks to be in excellent shape, I got it using buy it now for $99.00 plus shipping he was real nice guy and he does custom weapons work (according to his website)

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

clay5769

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: July 30 2010 at 6:03am | IP Logged Quote clay5769

I also have this it was my Grandfathers it is a .308 Winchester lever action magazine fed, from what I could find on the Internet according to the serial number it was made in 1956 it is in excellent shape , the last time is was shot was in the late 70s he used it to hunt up until he got sick with Alzheimer's and it got cleaned and put away I'm going to take it to the range today and fire it for the first.

clay5769

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: July 30 2010 at 6:20am | IP Logged Quote clay5769

Oh and of coarse I have a Mosin Nagant  which was the best $125.00 I ever spent and I even over paid but anyhow I have had a ball with this one. I put it in a updated stock until I can strip and re-stain the wood and re do the rings, The scope lasted 5 shots and I took it off the mount was junk.

clay5769

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: July 30 2010 at 6:37am | IP Logged Quote clay5769

And I have 3 old .22 rifles 1 bolt action tube fed 1 bolt action single shot and 1 semi-automatic with scope it was one of those deals from the old days where you got the gun and scope and sling all in one at sears I believe for like $69.00 or something it was real cheap also my grandfathers the one bolt action was giving to me on my 16th birthday by my grandfather it was old when I got it so I have  no idea of its age

the single shot was my other grandfathers its  really old the whole thing is only 39 in long you pull the bolt back drop in a round slide the bolt forward pull the charging handle back and shoot you even have to remove the round by hand its very basic. everything else I have is more modern 80s or 90s or brand new .

The Semi-automatic is a Winchester Model #190

The bolt action is a Marlin Model # 81

I also have (no pictures yet)  a Winchester Model #12

12 gauge shotgun Also my Grandfathers

clay5769

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: July 30 2010 at 6:53am | IP Logged Quote clay5769

Oh yes and the semi operating Suomi M31

which started this whole thing and with Gary's help it seems that it will be fixed or I will get the parts and even if nothing happens Gary did more in 5 min then the dealer did after 2 hours and many many emails

thanks Gary...

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 30 2010 at 10:08am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

clay5769 wrote:

Oh yes and the semi operating Suomi M31

which started this whole thing and with Gary's help it seems that it will be fixed or I will get the parts and even if nothing happens Gary did more in 5 min then the dealer did after 2 hours and many many emails

thanks Gary...

Your very welcome.  I just hope they give you a call today as I was told.  If they don't I want you to let me know so I can give them hell (and I will).

They make a much better mount for the 91/30 that mounts where the "should" mount.  the only deal it you have to bend the bolt handle. (typically cut it off and weld it back on, or the cool way is to  buy a "universal Knob" normally tapered for $2.50 then find a bolt that will fit the knob.  cut off the old handle, and then have the new one welded in place.  then cleaning it up (paint, duracoat, blue, chrome) and thread on the new super cool bolt handle.

Then for the aftermarket stock..  watch one of my upcoming projects and you can customize the stock for $10

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

clay5769

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: August 06 2010 at 4:28am | IP Logged Quote clay5769

Thanks to Gary I got called by the manufacturer and they sent me a free shipping label and even told me to send my drum with it and they would match to my weapon and if they could not get mine to work they would give me one of theres and make it work, And the drum did not even come with the weapon it was something I bought afterward And from everything I have read on the Internet the drums as a general rule  do not work well without lots of tinkering so I have to say Gary helped  a lot getting this done and the manufacturer went way above and beyond.. Next post on this weapon will be when I get it back and how well the repairs turned out..

So thanks a bunch Gary

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: August 26 2010 at 2:37am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Hey The wonderful and beautiful Mrs Ryche helped me tonight send a couple of rough luger photos to the Boss. I am trying to learn how to do this so's i don't have to plead with the wife for help. This weekend we will be sending more to Gary to add to others or start a new thread. Like everyone has seen a VZ-52 in 7.62 x45 . How many have seen the VZ-52/57 Redone in 7.62x39? With two very different upper handguards.  I also have a STAR  MB cut with a stock slot. Any new info on this one will help, not alot about it out there. I know it takes a .45 mag with a length addition on the catch slot. Anybody seen a stock for this thing??? Hopefully all goes well for us this weekend and i can get the photos out.  RYCHE  
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

reckoning

1LT
1LT

Posted: August 31 2010 at 10:33pm | IP Logged Quote reckoning

It would be cool if we could turn this into a book like, "small arms of the world".  If i had 1 book to look at for the rest of my life it would be that one.  I have heard that the Jane's books are great, but I have never seen them.
View reckoning's Profile Search for other posts by reckoning

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 31 2010 at 11:43pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

reckoning wrote:
It would be cool if we could turn this into a book like, "small arms of the world".  If i had 1 book to look at for the rest of my life it would be that one.  I have heard that the Jane's books are great, but I have never seen them.

if people keep adding information and knowledge it could happen

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 31 2010 at 11:44pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

ryche wrote:
Hey The wonderful and beautiful Mrs Ryche helped me tonight send a couple of rough luger photos to the Boss. I am trying to learn how to do this so's i don't have to plead with the wife for help. This weekend we will be sending more to Gary to add to others or start a new thread. Like everyone has seen a VZ-52 in 7.62 x45 . How many have seen the VZ-52/57 Redone in 7.62x39? With two very different upper handguards.  I also have a STAR  MB cut with a stock slot. Any new info on this one will help, not alot about it out there. I know it takes a .45 mag with a length addition on the catch slot. Anybody seen a stock for this thing??? Hopefully all goes well for us this weekend and i can get the photos out.  RYCHE  

I need to post these photos yet.  you have an incredible collection.

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: September 01 2010 at 2:07pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Thankyou  There will be more to come. I will choose some of the better lugers for close ups.  I will try to get the others i mentioned, above also. Mrs. Ryche is changing schools for a masters deg., so between that and a rough work schedule Its sometimes hard to get much of her time to help with this. She does when she can and can hopfully teach me to do it.  Weaponeer let me know where the photos end up. Lugersection, new thread, etc. Thanks   Ryche

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 01 2010 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

ryche wrote:
Thankyou  There will be more to come. I will choose some of the better lugers for close ups.  I will try to get the others i mentioned, above also. Mrs. Ryche is changing schools for a masters deg., so between that and a rough work schedule Its sometimes hard to get much of her time to help with this. She does when she can and can hopfully teach me to do it.  Weaponeer let me know where the photos end up. Lugersection, new thread, etc. Thanks   Ryche

I currently have them in the Luger history section.

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13088& ;PN=1&TPN=1 

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 01 2010 at 4:12pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Is there interest in a thread on taking pictures of guns?

if there is I can do a how-to thread for some tips.

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: September 02 2010 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Hey  I think it might be of help to some others. The photo part i don't have a problem with, these were taken at night with a flash which sucks.  I needed some quickly so she could start teaching me how to e-mail them. I'm not very good with computers, one little burp and i'm "holy sh*t what have i done to her computer"  The instruction continues.  Ryche 

secondshooter

E-2
E-2

Posted: October 30 2010 at 2:17am | IP Logged Quote secondshooter

hi, has anybody else got one of these?
View secondshooter's Profile Search for other posts by secondshooter

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 30 2010 at 10:27am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

secondshooter wrote:
hi, has anybody else got one of these?

I wish!

henryfayols

Private
Private

Posted: May 12 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote henryfayols

Hey!!!!! It's nothing new about the invention or development in that gun.The Pistol are used very often for shooting a single creature or a thing.But still it has to be modified.
View henryfayols's Profile Search for other posts by henryfayols

wizbanger

Private
Private

Posted: September 28 2011 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote wizbanger

I have a1917  DWM Artillery luger with the original holster that I will take some pics of if I can figure out how to take some good close ups.

I have always considered Lugers to be the most superior,  elegant of pistols. They are sleek and artfully balanced and nearly infallible in combat. I know because I have been shooting these for decades. They have a natural point of aim the 1911 lacks. I can close my eyes after looking at a target, draw any luger and be on target. Not with the other... Not looking to start a debate and everyone has their favorites, but facts are facts and I'm too old listen to lame arguments, like "But I carried a 1911 in combat for years, snivel,snivel." I say too bad for you!

A bit of trivia... The 1911 was nearly passed up in favor of the better designed Luger and would (and should) have been if it were an American manufactured weapon made simple for dumb grunts. I can only imagine with time, evolution and modern technology, how more advanced Lugers would be than the 1911, which is basically the same now as 100 years ago...  an ugly handled brick!

Wizbanger
View wizbanger's Profile Search for other posts by wizbanger

<< Prev Topic Weapon History Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version