Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
7 members and 25 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 32

We have 7 member(s), 9 spiders, 25 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Wraklyadula, lucillepm18, lucillepm18, elnoraaw18, soriissuend, JeffreydeX, Rardgreeddy

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (305):
Rardgreeddy, elnoraaw18, FoneeZexCot, soriissuend, FugJertantara, HoxiasillHist, uplikigue, reonfubrolo, AvzvsAncet, erolerenelo, Wraklyadula, Murasnasp, mereebova, KeypeBreelty, empisypeSpeancy, Altessy, lucillepm18, JeffreydeX, alibiaEmand, MikeTiceinjes, ExceteRem, Juitlekneentero, fermneoroup, vozysoove, Emissoksattib, tesPexengexia, rulmiriucculkiz, Baransuete, fefAdmike, AlgkyAncet, Michaelopess, ofeliazf69, milliebd18, StephenUsark, RichardQuorp, florineot60, voldjeoveaM, Kyle0, CynthiaArgug, Jacobfix, Kikken, Golicavafe, silviaau16, robertrf11, kimberlyfe1, rolandjh18, louyq18, bradwq69, maureenwc11, AaronTon, jewellub69, samuelxw2, PerLipBeilirl, chasityuu3, EdwardIcept, brandikm11, yakyuesv, georginafb2, kellyar3, Larrylit, AmsrdAncet, KennethCic, ROceant, justin22885, DAlons, sergPocky, Aaachtes, geraldinewa3, Monicatouct, lalitkatex, kennethnl60, bikergunnut, tracieyc69, chadfm11, trishahe16, Neldascevy, avattismurl, kathyja3, Brettsug, henryzr18, AibqmAncet, lottiepr1, Nlrozavetrov, jessieyk3, backbencher, leonvb60, madinano, Briansenus, janelleng16, gordonod18, RobertGrown, deirdreqm60, zicklon, manuelng4, hannahdb1, justinuo4, selmacg60, gordoncf18, blastattack, neldavs2, jenniferaj11, BloxkazEstak, rheazh16, shelleyaa16, Maksimreimi, walterbq69, jaimegm18, gracielanh2, ApkpvAncet, JamieNeicy, louellaip2, sherilf60, shaunaia69, leonardig18, ajmdreammg42, oliviaoy2, odessabl16, ramonamg2, chriscb16, latonyazr1, odessajh4, Delbertterse, Danielkig, fredaok4, LaurenenedO, MikePB42, Freemangok, Juliussof, rosemarydz2, traima, amykq2, FortstarOdopy, deenagr69, pattiyd2, ermabk2, lilianapy3, Guamexelf, jimdoc, jadance, consuelonv60, kellyuk18, bbrown, celestekz69, perryck4, inesoi18, karlaom3, linafv2, HeroHog, dustinae16, nolajp4, letitiamf60, lulapo16, seanpm3, sherrietr18, reginajx3, ashleyot4, Michaelcaria, allanpr69, margool2, laurelbg1, AhqsfAncet, ceciliabs18, eduardoez11, rosalindch11, gretazi1, harrietuy69, joditg11, juliettefu18, Terrywes, ilant1, calliewo16, sharonxg11, donaldpb60, darrylsc4, joditn69, geraldee3, kathrineqd16, johannalx60, kellyvp3, genais3, ëàçåðíàÿ ýïèëÿöèÿ, theresaui18, lorettafh11, lilybi18, goldiefr3, teresajn2, alexanderbw69, AbramAncet, deloresju3, kevinlipps, agnesai60, amparoee18, aprilfg69, beckysp18, nathanti3, coleengv69, darcydm11, willacd4, marianem4, marshallwj4, raync1, alfredcp2, game_o3253, dustinvm60, melvanh1, linapa4, dalemy11, marcimi1, Korot.Ira, verali69, azotas, ernestva60, susannalk11, franz20, helenspoo, dennishr60, chesterij3, mercedesph4, marissaza11, terryca69, KarenBroxy, freidavc1, alisonfa4, mistyel4, carlyg16, marthadc16, jontb3, jordanlj69, consuelotu16, waynezl4, wadecx18, AgdikAncet, anaww1, elizabethnx3, CraigTaday, opalwn60, Fragkos, lorraineak2, ricardoou11, essieno69, marapi60, elbapy16, gildann2, raquelsi11, jillianfy3, vivianiu18, brandiqh4, tracietb18, bradleywm11, alvinpt69, jonije16, jordanzk2, aliciahf4, minnieuv2, Cameronnow, ruthieyb18, AireoAncet, imeldayd60, alysonal16, Evelynhox, chrystaldy1, charlenefs2, billkj69, cecilcv60, magdalenawh3, inaoq60, savannahei1, bobbiewh11, alexjo16, jeannels3, ryche, Dextersom, tracyww4, mayyt11, rosalindwv18, lonniezq11, ermaml69, sandyqz2, Williambut, ruthiexk2, marcusrm3, glennlw2, jordansi69, cherixl69, elizabethpu11, emiliaga18, danla3, AvtsuAncet, beckylp11, Mastermaker, angeliaqh18, frederickug1, pattymm1, lornaqy1, janelllb60, tammieut18, aurelialr2, autumnxl60, Michaellet, lorenaqv11, pedrotd11, sharronmk60, cindycj3, lorikw60, lucilegj18

Staff Introductions
Weaponeer Forums : Introduction

Posted in Introduction
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 13 2010 at 12:46pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Weaponeer Introduction? What’s to tell that you don’t already know?

Born in Wisconsin (Feb 1966), I have lived in 9 states (some more than once), and 3 other countries.

I joined the military in 1984, and stuck around until 2000, my primary duties were unit armorer, and direct support for weapons. Served in the first Gulf War (approx Oct-Nov 1990 to July 1991) and I also joined the State Shooting team (Composite 45, Combat 45, small bore rifle, small bore pistol) I was trained in range operations, special training in weapons, Russian Tactics, and OPFOR.

I ran ammunition supply points for many years, and ended up being one of the pentagon’s subject matter experts (not a big deal, when units had questions or problems the pentagon would refer them to us to answer but it was fun, entertaining, and had a lot of travel for schooling). I loved the Ammunition field because it was directly related to the weapons field, but I knew once I got out there would be no job to transition to. So on my own I learned the Multi-user computer systems with the Xenix OS, and from there learned C programming and DB admin. A switched from Ammunition Management to the computer field and quickly learned Unix, cobal, and the old Burroughs computer system and started out as lead main frame night shift operator (Started out with the old punch cards to programming, to the big reel to reel tapes, so it dates me a bit). When we received the first PC’s I quickly learned PC programming, and finally left the military and started working for a company for Internet programming, doing work for Trane, American Standard, and many others mainly programming, consulting work, and building the servers for the companies, writing the code, loading the servers, and shipping them out and then remotely worked as programmer and tech support. Not bad for no formal training.

I always loved exploring.. at Age 10 I climbed a volcano be myself, loved downhill skiing, parasailing, mountain climbing, cave exploring, flying sail planes by age 13, skydiving by age 16, Army by age 18, add repelling , skydiving again 15 years later, and for many years I was Motorcycle Roadracing, and Grand Prix (sponsored team), and I’m certified for open water Scuba. I have run several companies, and non-profits (working with burn survivors for 10 years). I had an FFL in the 80’s (now only a C&R).

Was married, and divorced and had no kids of my own, but I helped raise one.

Working with weapons and repairing them is the reason Weaponeer.net was started. In fact Weaponeer is the name of the marksmanship training device I used to use to train the troops (basically a pinball machine with an M16 attached to the top, with a rod stuck on the barrel to control recoil (from no recoil to 12 GA), and a laser on top. It was a lot of fun to use and a great tool, so that’s where the Weaponeer name came from. Originally Armorers worked on Knights Armor, and originally Weaponeers worked on Nuke’s. Now they both mean about the same thing.

There you go… a Gun nut who loved adventure and excitement. Now just build guns, and shooting them.

(Hobbies would be shooting, reloading, photography, videography, post production, and anything else related to weapons).

Now partially disabled the most exciting thing I do is go to the VA several times a month, but I do enjoy the DPMS Zombie Shoot when I can attend.

Conservative, Pro Military, Pro Constitution, Pro NASA, proud of my service and the service of others and as the others would say, a Jack of all trades, yet master of none.   

See… nothing important, or exciting like a spy (but the East Germans tried to recruit me once.. long boring story)
Hope you enjoy your stay here at Weaponeer.net, and I hope you share as much as you learn here, see you in the threads!
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

gundoctor

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 13 2010 at 7:57pm | IP Logged Quote gundoctor

Gundoctor

Gundoctor is a guy who likes to work hard and play hard. He travels extensively consulting for a large multinational corporation and has other business interests in agriculture and manufacturing.

GD enjoys outdoor activities and his personal workshop where you might find him doing woodworking, restoring an automobile, or gunsmithing.    He has a growing fascination with vintage machine tools, Early Ford Bronco's, and firearms design.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View gundoctor's Profile Search for other posts by gundoctor

tommerr

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 13 2010 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote tommerr

I have worked in aerospace materials testing for 35 years. That means x-ray chemistry, wear testing, magnetic testing and a lot of mechanical testing. I design and build mechanical test fixtures to fit aerospace hardware needs to suit engineering requirements. That also means NASA and Shuttle things which I find a lot of fun. I have a very functional knowledge of materials chemistry and physical properties. I been interested in and building firearms related things since 1958.

36gOPFOR

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 15 2010 at 3:28pm | IP Logged Quote 36gOPFOR

I am a degreed Chemist and have worked in the grain and food industries for over 35 years - analytical, R&D, QA, regulatory, etc. Started building guns while in college. Currently have a 07 FFL and SOT so have built and played with a variety of weapons. Have been WWII re-enacting for 27 years and have a civilian-organized OPFOR (OPposing FORces) group that have been helping train local military and law enforcement organizations for 20+ years. Load blank ammunition to support those hobbies, too.
View 36gOPFOR's Profile Search for other posts by 36gOPFOR

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 18 2010 at 12:26am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Never was much to introduce myself but here goes....
Born in D.C. in '65, lived in Virginia till '93, escaped to Arizona and don't plan on ever leaving.
Never in the military but almost joined the Navy as a nuke tech till they fessed up I COULD be under water for six months, sorry no thanks and I don't take orders too well.
Been riding since '84.
Was a wood butcher off n on for a few years, built various missles for a few years and currently shop foreman at a Harley shop.
Been hooked on guns and ammo and collecting both since the '70's.
Have always been fasinated with mechanisms and how things work. Been self-teaching myself machining and welding for a few years and like the chalanges.
Barely passed sr. English so don't mind my spelling and I won't mind your's .
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

Inabadhood

2LT
2LT

Posted: March 18 2010 at 9:53am | IP Logged Quote Inabadhood

A little late, but that's okay...

Been shooting since I was 6 years old, mostly 22's only. My older brother went into Law Enforcement, and took me to some of their training & qualification shoots where I was introduced to Glocks, M-16's, MP5's, and I also got to handle an M203 (didn't get to shoot it though).

I was since hooked on 'larger caliber' centerfire guns, but couldn't afford them in high school.

In elementary school I was pulled from my classes, and sent to take 'Special' classes - since I was bored with the progress of normal classes. When I was in 4th grade I was taking 6th grade math & science classes. When entering high school my placement scores said I should be taking their senior level advanced placement courses, which I did, and I aced them all. Then come 10th Grade I finished all the Math & Science classes my high school could offer. I had all the credits to graduate at 10th grade, and was well on my way to be a C/C++ programmer. My high school didn't want to lose funding, and told me that "You can't graduate - you didnt' take Algebra 1 & 2, and Pre-Calculus!" WTF!?!?! I aced their hardest AP Calculus classes already! They wanted to use b(_)llsh!t policies to keep me in school for 2 more years to keep their funding! Just conveniently that year they decided to spread those three courses out so I'd have to enroll for 2 more years! I couldn't just take them all in one semester! So to fill in time I took Welding, Small Engines, Machine Shop, and Foundary Shop classes, and woodworking. I spent the mornings in basic math classes, and metalworking, and I enrolled in college programming courses during the afternoons - so I drove my parent's car up to the Twin Cities (60+ miles) three days a week to learn programming & get rid of some basic liberal-ed courses in college while still in high school.

I SUCKED at woodworking, but did pretty well in metalworking classes - but I LOVED welding class the most!

I went off to college, set my sights on a Computer Science degree, learned programming, Calculus, Physics, and Chemistry... Then the .Com bubble burst, most of the jobs I had were either shipped to India, and a few companies went out of business due to poor management. So I switched majors - and now I'm a designer. I work mostly with AutoCAD and Photoshop. I play a bit with Sketchup and other things though.

In college I found rimfirecentral, and started getting into gun customizing by accurizing Ruger 10/22's, but that's incredibly easy. I soon found AR15.com and built my first AR-15 from parts! In 2003 I found that there was an excellent LE/SWAT training company in my area that teaches Tactical & Defensive shooting courses, as well as weapons armoring courses. I got my CCW Permit, and also became a certified AR15 / M16 Armorer! I got hooked on AR15's for many years, and after a while I got a bit bored with them - they're easy to build like accurized 10/22's! I started reading up on ARFCOM on how to build AK-47's from parts kits - and a discussion on that led me to Weaponeer. I've since been learning massive amounts on design, development, and machining of guns.

I'm now spending much of my time designing a few of my own scratch-build guns where I hope to make 99% of the guns from basic metals & materials. Trying to put my Physics, Chemistry, Metalworking, and Professional Design education to good use in making my own gun designs now.
View Inabadhood's Profile Search for other posts by Inabadhood

<< Prev Topic Introduction Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version