Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 22 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 24

We have 2 member(s), 8 spiders, 22 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Juitlekneentero, maribelza69

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (257):
maribelza69, MikeTiceinjes, Juitlekneentero, fefAdmike, Robertbreks, CharlesLek, empisypeSpeancy, evelynmx60, ApysjAncet, Wraklyadula, erolerenelo, gayaj4, mikegt16, DAlons, elvaks11, Rardgreeddy, CliftonFeept, AtihtAncet, lesayr2, andredc1, Tony9, jetloco, AsbigAncet, veraam11, GuestARemo, victorxk3, Carlosuncek, aureliaeg1, AvaskAncet, rubydu16, rubenpe60, maggiezj2, ROceant, AsustAncet, AzkuaAncet, bikergunnut, Rolandfrits, ofeliabu3, caseyxl1, beverlyry11, clauderj69, AlflyAncet, Thomasjuh, lenorene18, AbyybAncet, Thomasbic, LottoAgeor, AzkdlAncet, Cindygom, estellecp2, backbencher, susannahg11, dollyri3, dwayneeg69, enidhq3, AubegAncet, dianneve18, 1959conya, AtdfiAncet, Black Beard, AobztAncet, lilianky11, harrysb11, RAMMAN4, jimdoc, utifono, AaronTon, juanitaqv11, shannonea2, katharineyg4, gayll60, justin22885, fannynw1, katinazc3, AsirqAncet, isabellawb11, marlapt60, surem4, heidits60, m1a76251, felixxw69, mariawh16, angelil1, AiccyAncet, lindseyly4, Advopay, linagq60, bbrown, robertoxy69, javiercv69, alejandrase2, AhsnwAncet, richardsy16, bessieac60, svetkatex, krystalaz4, elviaos3, cathleendi18, penelopepx11, teresapv11, AnpzuAncet, ritagn18, leannahl4, WAGIMADY, thocani, ernestinebi2, CeliaKeeri, Brianloora, kendg4, HeroHog, 319s, nanettecp60, franciscanv60, maggieru18, telcokrist, patsyrs2, summerpb69, phillipdv4, angietx69, askgodtosaveme42, leahdk18, jacquelynmg16, rosariolj60, marianasn69, mildredla60, eulaky16, Marinacycle, azotas, zicklon, timet18, tesPexengexia, bryaniw60, ExceteRem, FugJertantara, rasselserov, FoneeZexCot, Combloc_Cody, taniacj69, ntorelli, Jamesarkiz, mattiedz4, dashylya1, juliebf60, maftuna6888, jamizh16, Misolyavab, Burnsie, curtiswp2, gordonpm1, hazelsy16, addjim, ds1948, staciesx11, merledt60, angiejp18, vetal7tiger, CaliBoundAR15, cheriem60, martawe69, kirstenyh4, jodylu60, jeromeem69, 6ejiuu_ulllak, rosellajt16, ApyxgAncet, billiezi1, 4gene, avattismurl, georgettesj4, louellamd11, AzlirAncet, sarahdw69, denaxs2, kosoi_24, jaroqafurz, helenapi1, auro214, margodq4, AohauAncet, ebumehelmakum, ser23i, kellihl60, elainems1, AuzxpAncet, lucyvk60, Stevenpropy, Shnavel, cliftongu4, joydf3, joyceep18, AziuwAncet, Jimmyjuche, patricamy60, brentbk69, sueqz18, vedook001, cherylop69, shawntc3, bettysl60, neldamh11, rosanneli16, raefj2, mv-sokol, jimmiegq1, AbjtdAncet, jonbonn137, olega625, ttttllll, blastattack, summergm69, carleneix18, buy resumes online, timnb60, ArvcaAncet, Fragkos, bublik1999g, earlenebg11, winkone, aracelilm1, danik11, corneliazd60, AsrkkAncet, franvv18, aprilfv18, irina.s.5, lakishahz3, vincentde18, Matthewbrutt, curtisga18, renajd18, deenasn16, AliwgAncet, egor6547, Oridinc, janeph18, AkpoqAncet, JerryOccum, Lloydnab, Stevenpal, galecc11, paulakq1, adelaml2, gordonvo60, AwuboAncet, latonyaae60, vickyxn11, anitaip60, FortstarOdopy, staceyya11, GuestBrozy, shereebo3, ethelqo60, rosalindamv2, Robertfeaph, shanehv11, AatiuAncet, marquitagb2

The Machine Gun by George M. Chinn
Weaponeer Forums : General Questions

Posted in General Questions
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: August 28 2015 at 3:04am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Server goes to sleep @ times. You just have to wait for it to wake up.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

UKdesigner

E-2
E-2

Posted: April 05 2016 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote UKdesigner

I'm starting a firearms design library. The design aspect has always interested me, and obviously this book caught my attention. However I cannot stand reading off computers. Is there any reason someone hasn't used a site like THIS.

I'm being quoted £40 ($50) on that site for the book to be printed and bound in a similar manner to the original. This seems pretty attractive and I'm just wondering have you's contemplated doing it?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View UKdesigner's Profile Search for other posts by UKdesigner

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 07 2016 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Are there any copyright issues in having it printed commercially?

UKdesigner

E-2
E-2

Posted: April 07 2016 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote UKdesigner

Everywhere I look says that the documents are in the public domain; even if not, laws regarding copyright and the US Government state: "A United States government work is prepared by an officer or employee of the United States government as part of that person's official duties.

It is not subject to copyright in the United States and there are no copyright restrictions on reproduction, derivative works, distribution, performance, or display of the work. Anyone may, without restriction under U.S. copyright laws:

reproduce the work in print or digital form;
create derivative works;
perform the work publicly;
display the work;
distribute copies or digitally transfer the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending."

It seems Paladin Press did a rerun of the books at some stage. As far as I can tell, it was published as a US Governmental publication (ie Navy) and no copyright applies as such. Having read through the first pages, there's no mention of copyright, The website linked previously in the thread with the PDFs says they're in "the public domain".

To clarify however, I am not selling these, I would be getting one pdf for myself.

As far as I can tell, he was in the military when he wrote the books, definitely putting them in the US govermental section, and if he didn't and did it as contract work, which he copyrighted (can't find that he did) then it expires 50 years after publication.

To the best of my ability, it seems ok. It's not for distribution etc, but for private use. Seeing how many websites cite it as public domain, and it's been a government document with no copyright I can read on it, which would imply contractor work, I think it's clear?

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 07 2016 at 11:36pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

No worries then. If I tried to print everything Sagittarri's posted up here I'd go broke and Brazil would be deforested.

UKdesigner

E-2
E-2

Posted: April 14 2016 at 12:48pm | IP Logged Quote UKdesigner

The printed PDF arrived:
Printed PDF
It is really good. The printing is excellent quality, my camera quality lets it down more.Cost £13, and that contains the first 280 odd pages. It's half an inch thick though. Definitely needs to be split up into 3 for printing. Gonna go ahead and order the diagrams section then the patents and index section.

Personally, it was 100% worth it, getting a book that sells for $400 for $50, if you're more concerned about the knowledge contained than the first edition stuff.

<< Prev Topic General Questions Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version