Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
5 members and 35 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 40

We have 5 member(s), 6 spiders, 35 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
empisypeSpeancy, fermneoroup, MartishSoits, QLRobert, Charleskip

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (183):
empisypeSpeancy, soriissuend, QLRobert, Charleskip, DavidJof, WilliamENFOK, reonfubrolo, KeypeBreelty, fermneoroup, tesPexengexia, fefAdmike, MartishSoits, ExceteRem, inna_ieyf, Danielexark, uplikigue, Juitlekneentero, brandyhl69, FreefestErymn, erolerenelo, mereebova, Altessy, vozysoove, LesterIneni, Wraklyadula, rulmiriucculkiz, Paraquat, Dapaswourb, MarkReext, alibiaEmand, FoneeZexCot, inna_furg, backbencher, Boschrdv, Boschyeh, Boschrpe, Murasnasp, gabriellewy4, noreenwy1, RatTaittar, Brainwourb, HoxiasillHist, FugJertantara, carlrw4, carmelaan69, optovkatex, old guns, russyMixail, Beefcake, ArthuImpob, Dongokwourb, inna_emmx, EvaemodE, Whitneyendag, janeyp16, manuelgv18, DayliKib, marilynaj18, Raneswourb, EugeneaPhown, florakj69, Progonhic, minervald69, Fragkos, juliettesp60, Bandinayawourb, hollielk4, Darinwhish, JamesJig, toddjg69, shaunawc2, bikergunnut, minervazk11, Vinereywourb, caitlinbk18, monauz4, Derekrarty, Kennethlib, CalvinVat, ArtemPailk, celinakc11, Flux, ArseniyJah, BogdanAutot, tamikaze11, carlosty16, geraldinewt11, kurtcq18, Waltermox, whitneyzc11, jaynecg2, StephenJep, Mingledorffwourb, SpikeBuilt, kering4, Stevieven, Gearglani, williamyd16, sidneyhs18, Jackiefiend, lavernejs3, Shadowrunnerwourb, lesleyzk3, kimxc3, cal50, evgenwat, jeremydy1, HellDragonwourb, bridgetux2, terraih16, bbrown, ollieio11, dalefp1, Olgacag, Buzatuswourb, jolenelg3, davidgb60, jimdoc, helenezb16, miguelhg1, jaimevu2, SanyokSmoks, jetloco, ds1948, Warum, CanadafinN, toddww69, zedsdead, rrayepalcixi, Gentrabo, margieua4, cewecah, angeljc69, luellash69, kristenvo69, Gavinramatwourb, lynnettegr1, edwardub69, ebeotuwikofa, lillianxy60, Forrestbug, sochi.cat/-Weino, dimentObjestben, serenarr69, hilarygq2, Trashminwourb, Maynardvuh, JamesHap, Josephabaph, KennethBum, Ronaldsaulp, Dameenawourb, azotas, carlyyp11, Nusaward, rachelye2, JulianSMB, mariettatv60, benjaminex3, AWilliamtoInc, JamesImmot, Qanadwourb, GreogyFlepe, ezulokemu, constancedp2, opagoyar, Adoradwynwourb, oiyigen, ryche, Lornakic, nettieft69, 11millimeter, travisin3, ronzor, susanapl60, agrohimmrb, Hugoherwourb, Smallboy, natalieks2, kentef69, vincentsi16, Gralindawourb, Canadian Pharmacy On

New to site
Weaponeer Forums : Introduction

Posted in Introduction
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  hotrodal

E-3
E-3

Posted: December 17 2009 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote hotrodal

Ok I am new to this site and have been on another site like this site but the members are not real friendly. tell me now are you guys here to help or are you guys just another close knit club that doesn't really like new members. I am doing some different builds and will be needing some help. I don't want to have to beg and fight for help like on the other site. be honest

Al

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View hotrodal's Profile Search for other posts by hotrodal

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 17 2009 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Don't take our word for it..  just ask for help with your builds and see for yourself.

if anyone can help they will...  (we have a really sharp bunch of builders here)

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: December 17 2009 at 5:45pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

Here to help, what kind of builds are you working on?
View dcorb's Profile Search for other posts by dcorb

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: December 17 2009 at 6:22pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Hey I'm still kinda new myself.  This here is an excellent bunch of guys.  We are all doing the same thing. and help is readily avlb. when asked for. Lay out your buids and throw up some photos. tips, comments, critiques, and useful info is available just for the asking.    Good luck and good builds.  RYCHE  
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

gunguyr

COL
COL

Posted: December 17 2009 at 8:18pm | IP Logged Quote gunguyr

Welcome to Weaponeer, how may we help?

BP #8 September 11, 12 2010

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
but the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
View gunguyr's Profile Search for other posts by gunguyr

gunguyr

COL
COL

Posted: December 17 2009 at 8:22pm | IP Logged Quote gunguyr

That said, we are a close knit bunch.(Check out the Build Party threads) but we welcome anybody that needs our help,, or can help us.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.

hotrodal

E-3
E-3

Posted: December 17 2009 at 9:10pm | IP Logged Quote hotrodal

I have 2 builds going at this timea z-45 and a Saf kommando. the z-45 has a reduced id Prexis reciever. the kommando has not been started yet I am still looking at it.

I have 2 machine shops one at home bridgeport and a clausing 12 inch lathe. I have another machine that I am partners in that is 90 miles from my home 1 bridgeport 1 cnc 2 axis bridgeport 12 inch lathe and a 16 inch lathe 6 X12 surface grinder full size bandsaw 50 ton press and more hand tools than I will ever need. both shops have a mig welder and tourches.

I am a retired toolmaker 61 years old been retired for 10 years build old motorcycles and hotrods. I was a gunsmith for a sporting goods shop for 10 years. I can offer  anytype of machine work that you can think of and if anyone is near me I can offer the use of either shop depending on your needs. that's what I can bring to your site and members. I would need in return help with both of my builds. i really hate to do thing twice.

Al

View hotrodal's Profile Search for other posts by hotrodal

gunguyr

COL
COL

Posted: December 17 2009 at 9:20pm | IP Logged Quote gunguyr

You can read up on the conversions here...

NRADon

CPT
CPT

Posted: December 17 2009 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote NRADon

hotrodal wrote:

I have 2 builds going at this timea z-45 and a Saf kommando. the z-45 has a reduced id Prexis reciever. the kommando has not been started yet I am still looking at it.

I have 2 machine shops one at home bridgeport and a clausing 12 inch lathe. I have another machine that I am partners in that is 90 miles from my home 1 bridgeport 1 cnc 2 axis bridgeport 12 inch lathe and a 16 inch lathe 6 X12 surface grinder full size bandsaw 50 ton press and more hand tools than I will ever need. both shops have a mig welder and tourches.

I am a retired toolmaker 61 years old been retired for 10 years build old motorcycles and hotrods. I was a gunsmith for a sporting goods shop for 10 years. I can offer  anytype of machine work that you can think of and if anyone is near me I can offer the use of either shop depending on your needs. that's what I can bring to your site and members. I would need in return help with both of my builds. i really hate to do thing twice.

Al

I'm jealous.  I have to drill and bang AKs together in my kitchen. 

View NRADon's Profile Search for other posts by NRADon

akinnepa

MSG
MSG

Posted: December 17 2009 at 9:44pm | IP Logged Quote akinnepa

greetings,

Kinda a nube myself, great group of guys here.

jealous about the shop set up, i have super glue, jb weld, and vise grips.
View akinnepa's Profile Search for other posts by akinnepa

blurrededge

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: December 17 2009 at 10:43pm | IP Logged Quote blurrededge

These guys are jerks, and they know everything, and love to tout how superior to the rest of the internet they are.

Seriously though, this is the best site I've found. I still consider myself new because there is little I have actually Done, but I've learned ALOT from reading through project threads, and even if a question has been asked a hundred different times, someone will probably post a link to the thread for you instead of saying something like "It's called the search function you NOOB, quit wasting our time and clogging up the forum!" which I have seen on other sites. There is an overwhelming willingness to help and probably a combined thousand years of experience in different things on here. Invaluable resource is how I look at it, which is why I try to give what I can to make sure the site stays here.

Welcome aboard. This gets in your blood, be warned

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 18 2009 at 12:07am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Welcome aboard . Two kits huh, you've been bitten by the bug, you just don't know it yet .
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

gundoctor

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 18 2009 at 12:25am | IP Logged Quote gundoctor

All forums have their personality, and this one is different than many of the firearms forums.  Some of them are mostly GenXYZ that want mostly to have "social" interaction with a lot of smiley faces and rah rah. and more "emoticons    " thaan words in the posts.     Some include flaming and other negatives as well. Not this site.  This site is a little more business, many of the members are older or more serious younger people who have lives other than the internet--but who want to have fun and share a common interest (firearms) with others.  I have made good friends here and learned a lot--and hope I have shared a nugget or two myself--but I live in the real world.   You won't wade thru a lot of posts that say nothing to get to the questions and answers.  You won't get made fun of or flamed.    You will find help here or directions to where it might  be.  Your insights will be appreciated, especially with your lifetime of experiences in tooling and machine work.  I hope you find a home here.

I am not bashing the "chat room" type of forum where IMHO much is said about nothing and the main objective seems to be some sort of emotional support group centered around a small "cliche".    If its firearm support, you'll find it here.   But if you are on an emotional yo yo between the need for praise and the need to lash out then there are other sites that serve that function better than weaponeer.net.

View gundoctor's Profile Search for other posts by gundoctor

reckoning

1LT
1LT

Posted: December 18 2009 at 1:09am | IP Logged Quote reckoning

You are now in the right place.  Welcome
View reckoning's Profile Search for other posts by reckoning

Inabadhood

2LT
2LT

Posted: December 18 2009 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote Inabadhood

Welcome to the site!

I'm not personally very familiar with those two kits, but I'm sure others here will be able to help.

What part of the US do you live in???

I'm glad you have an in-home shop like that!  Seems to be the 'dream' of most everyone here...  In the meantime, I've just got very limited tools in my basement man-cave, and an old converted belt-driven south bend lathe about 65 miles away in a tractor repair shop that I don't get to use much.  It still needs a bit more restoration work, clean-up, oiling, and a little balancing work done before I can REALLY get started using it.

I hope you feel welcome here, and can learn a fair bit from some of the guys here!

View Inabadhood's Profile Search for other posts by Inabadhood

taztheblade

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 18 2009 at 2:35pm | IP Logged Quote taztheblade

welcome aboard you will find help here these are good folks.
View taztheblade's Profile Search for other posts by taztheblade

gunguyr

COL
COL

Posted: December 18 2009 at 7:18pm | IP Logged Quote gunguyr

I also have 2 Z45's to build. I have not started them yet..

Darkside

Private
Private

Posted: December 19 2009 at 1:11am | IP Logged Quote Darkside

I spend most of my time in the shadaows but when I want good ideas and information I come here.   
View Darkside's Profile Search for other posts by Darkside Visit Darkside's Homepage

tommerr

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 19 2009 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote tommerr

If you need materials information or heat treating instructions, I can get answers for you.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 13 2010 at 1:15am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I moved this to the introductions thread

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

<< Prev Topic Introduction Next Topic >>

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version